Leasing A Bitch

chataboxboxers

A question for all breeders out there who have leased a bitch for the purpose of breeding. I have had the owner of a bitch contact me about my stud, yet her bitch has papers, Main Register, of course, but she's not currently registered with the VCA. Can she be leased to me to be bred and whelp without currently being registered? Or does the bitch's owner need her own prefix etc??

depends whose prefix shes being bred for, yours obviously, so it would be your litter, you would have to lease the bitch, sign the papers and pay the fee..is she even worthy of being bred from, or do they just want a litter and you to do all the work?

She's a lovely bitch, from fantastic breeding. They aren't ready to breed on their own so wish to have someone with experience be in charge of the mating, whelping etc so they can observe before they decide if they wish to become registered breeders themselves. they are happy to pay half of everything and would like a puppy from the mating. Is there a form or anything I need to sign in regards to leasing her or is it just an agreement between two people?

I am sure the owner of the bitch has be a member of Dogs Vic, then on the back of the bitch's paperwork there is a lease agreement, Vic Dogs has a new ruling now that as of the 15 th November 2011 that all new members applying for a prefix must have a membership for 12 months , if the bitch is still in the original breeders name , which she possibly would be if the new owner hasn't joined Vic Dogs, then maybe she can transferred/leased to you by the original owner/breeder, I hope this makes sense

She is probably still in the breeders name? Though you can transfer into your own name and not be a member, I am pretty sure. So yes you could lease the bitch for a litter in order to register them. Make sure you do the lease before you do the mating, as sometimes they wont do it the other way around.

She is probably still in the breeders name? Though you can transfer into your own name and not be a member, I am pretty sure. So yes you could lease the bitch for a litter in order to register them. Make sure you do the lease before you do the mating, as sometimes they wont do it the other way around.

You would be better to ring Vic Dogs and find out for sure, if you have the bitches pedigree number they will be able to tell you whom she is registered to, with ANKC all states seem to have different rules so it would be wise to check, I am assuming you live in Victoria???

In order to transfer mine into my name, I had to become a member of Dogs Victoria. You may not have to become a member to transfer a dog on limited register, but for main register you do. Or, you did, in March this year :)