Clipper Burn

Lugeanjaam

Suki was groomed yesterday afternoon and I have just noticed some pretty nasty clipper burn on her belly. She is licking and scratching at it quite a bit which is probably not helping. I have put some paw paw on it but is there anything else I should be using?

Lanacane powder liberally dusted on at regular intervals. The benzocaine has a mild anaesthetic effect and the other stuff in there has a soothing effect.

I will add, please let the groomer know of this problem. It is typical that we clip the belly/sanitary area fairly short, but some dogs are rather sensitive with it. Ask your groomer to make a note on your dogs records, and ask them to either use a much longer blade or even to trim with only scissors in that area. It's a shame that this has happened but we can only avoid a repeat if we know of the dogs sensitivity. :thumbsup:

Suki was groomed yesterday afternoon and I have just noticed some pretty nasty clipper burn on her belly. She is licking and scratching at it quite a bit which is probably not helping. I have put some paw paw on it but is there anything else I should be using?

Hello,

Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment is great for rashes. Cortisone creams are to heavy handed and not necessary as it is not a reoccurring skin problem.

All the best