Questions About My New Gsd Pup!

NewGsdOwner

I wouldn't have asked my breeder these questions. I'd have done the research myself like Thomas is.

Same! Plus I like varied opinions and not all breeders like being asked a question every time the dog moves. I think Thomas is doing the right thing as he is obviously still learning and this way he gets more varied advice to pick and choose from what suits him. He certainly won't be ill advised here as forum members would jump up and down if someone gave him poor advice :laugh:

I would be worried also about asking these types of questions, prob worried more that I maybe judged as not knowing enough lol.. Stupid I know :-)

As a breeder I would be annoyed if someone came to a forum rather than to me....who best knows the growth, feeding and other peculiarities of my lines.

I can understand people who get dogs from BYB or petshop where these is no back up given.

On the flip side, I'd be worried about annoying the breeder by asking too many questions, and have her regret selling me a pup. :o

I always tell my puppy purchasers that the only stupid question is the one they DONT ask.

I've not ever had a dog breeder who I felt was prepared to hold my hand through any issues. Instead I've turned to other breeders via DOL. You seem like an awesome breeder with after sales support but they are far and few between away from DOL.