Pedigree Papers (incorrect)

Talien

Hiya,

Just wondering how one goes about having a dogs pedigree name changed on a form?

The form states Arty's name incorrectly and I just want to have it altered. Is this even possible?

I am aware that I have to go through my breeder to have the limited register papers altered in any way but I want to get all my information straight before I go to her with this...

A little worried.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

Just wondering how one goes about having a dogs pedigree name changed on a form?

The form states Arty's name incorrectly and I just want to have it altered. Is this even possible?

I am aware that I have to go through my breeder to have the limited register papers altered in any way but I want to get all my information straight before I go to her with this...

A little worried.

What form? Are you talking about his actual registration papers?

Basically, the name was originally meant to be "(kennel prefix) Gift of Artemis", the breeder has said that this was not possible as it cannot have more than one word with the prefix, though I have seen others with more than one word, she had to change it on the spot apparently so his name is "(Kennel Prefix) Arte", I would prefer his other name in this case "Artemas" and was not asked or talked to prior to the decision being made :mad

Yes his Limited Registration papers through the ANKC(?)

The breeder has to apply for a change of name and pay a fee to get it changed. It must be done before the puppy is 3 months old and with show puppies it must be before they are entered in a show. It should be able to be done when the transfer into your name is done.

Basically, the name was originally meant to be "(kennel prefix) Gift of Artemis", the breeder has said that this was not possible as it cannot have more than one word with the prefix, though I have seen others with more than one word, she had to change it on the spot apparently so his name is "(Kennel Prefix) Arte", I would prefer his other name in this case "Artemas" and was not asked or talked to prior to the decision being made :mad

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: You can have as many words as you want so long as the number of characters and spaces don't exceed 30, including the prefix.

What transfer into my name?

The pup is in the breeders name, is it supposed to be in mine?

I am confused, I have never had a pedigree pup before.

The papers I have say her name at the top and at the bottom, as owner and breeder.

WTF? it's anything up to 30 characters including spaces and the prefix... I'm afraid whoever told the breeder that (or if the breeder told you that) they are mistaken.

perhaps the name was declined, i believe (may be wrong) that breeders put in a couple of choices per pup and sometimes its liek aprefix the first name isn't always chosen? sure i will be corrected if i am wrong

edit to ask is the prefix similiar to his name that may be what she meant i don't believe you can have the prefix int he registered name except at the beginning again i may be wrong

Edited by emery

Talien on the back of your papers in a section where you need to fill out your name and details, and the breeder needs to sign and date. You send that off with your fee to change into your name (call your state body in order to change it) I suggest before you do that you speak to the breeder about having it changed.

One of my goldens has 5 words in his name!!! They should be transferred into your name. Has he/she signed the back of the papers, if so, you can fill in the change of ownership and send off to dogs vic with the required fees and transfer into your name.... IF you want the name changed though, you'll have to go through the breeder, no idea how that works, ring dogs vic and see what they say.

The papers I have say her name at the top and at the bottom, as owner and breeder.

If you look at the back of your papers, there is a section that you fill out and then you send the papers into your state's controlling body. The breeder needs to sign them as well. Then when you are issued with new papers your name will be on the front as the registered owner. The breeder's name will still be where the breeder's details are.

I'm shocked the breeder did not explain all this to you.

The breeder should have signed the transfer of ownership on the back of the papers so you can send them in with the fee and have new papers issued with your name as the owner.

Snap again Benshiva!

Edited by dancinbcs

just searched on the Prefix search website and "Artemis" is registered to a Hungarian Viszla kennel, which means it wouldn't be able to be in your pedigree name (you cant have other prefixes in the pedigree name). In saying that it still could have been "Gift of Arte" but you will never get Artemis through.It's entirely possible the breeder misunderstood when registering, and in their haste just picked *prefix* Arte

Was it their first litter?

Edited by SparkyTansy