Destructive Young Dog

Simple

I just leave my back door open so my dogs can come and go as they please - they prefer lying around on the furniture or being with me, so it's just easier that way. If I close the door on them and make them stay outside, they whine and bark to be let back in.

T.

Have you tried punishing him when he barks?! Since he is a young dog he sill might have some time to learn. Get a spray bottle and fill it with water, when he barks yell and say no, spray water at him and I like to growl (grrr) at my dogs. Or even just spray him, the dog will think the environment is punishing him for barking...

again sorry back after holidays.

nekhbet I swear his mad. We have crib spot spray and paint for our horses that wind suck. Works on the horses lol not him. He loves hot stuff! house mate mixed up wosarbi (spelling) mushed up chilli etc and he will eat it out of your hand. I was mortified but its the peoples reaction that is the most funny. Im standing watching him lick it up yeh ok can tell it looks like its making a little hot under the collar but the people where in fits of laughter and he is sucking away at the hand covered in it. so we dont even bother with hot sprays, paints or mixs.

treadmill no but its on my list to get. Ive just got out of hospital after some bad gastro round christmas my stomach is not strong enough to take them for walks at moment so we are getting one both for me and I will chuck him on. I want to get back into my walking routine I just cant handle a yank on a lead my stomach feels like its given birth its thats sore.

With his drive I wish I lived somewhere where I could enter other clubs for various things. I actually think he could herd something be it sheep, cattle, llama thingies lol shall google lure courses and see if I can rig this up. I agree he wants to do something.

tdierikx unfortunatly leaving house open is not an option. summer its average 40 odd degrees plus and billions of flies lol Im not allowed to install a dog door due to being a company rental and a security risk with the town easy access.

Jess good idea however he loves water and thinks it a game lol my other bully hates water wouldnt have a problem if I head for a tap the old girl cowers and goes anywhere where Im not even if its filling up the water bowl. poor dear unknown history. him he would turn the tap on and wave his big boof head around mouth open to catch the spray.

in class he had the stern ceasar style drop and no stay till he calm down etc. thats the only time, he has always responded to a no! or get round when he trys to fall out of my left side.

bloodline not so sure to be honest, cant say i found anything googleing. And 3 friends have dogs from same Kennel. my old dec girl was a spinner/tail chaser. he hasnt shown any complusive tendiciency that I have seen other than his high food driven madness can be a crumb in your hand to a cow leg and he will act the same.

sorry for big reply. whilst Ive been in hospital I havent had any complaints from house mates or my other half about this unrulness or barking so heres hoping a switch has flipped. I spent the day cleaning my room and bathroom today he was under me like a rash missed me like mad but I just ignored him till he calm down and laid down in the next room.

better go midnight ;)