Coat Growth Products

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has experience with any of the coat enhancing products that are on the market. I have a five and half month old that has just blown ALL her coat!!!! With all our other show dogs we haven't used anything, just gone through the uglies paitently. But i was wondering if anyone has used any coat growth product and what thier experience with it was, what the best one was, etc, etc. She has really really blown everything and is pretty much bald.

I have never used any such products but I've heard of something on the forums, can't remember what it is though. I have a 6mth old on Sunday, Japanese Spitz puppy who went rather bald a few weeks ago but his junior coat has started to come in very thickly.

ETA: found it, royal jelly shampoo &/or supplements from health store.

Edited by luvsdogs

There is nothing that will coat the dog up quickly. Just good diet and keeping them clean. I found things like nutrigel used to keep coat loss to a minimum in a bitch that blew coat every season. But never anything that brought it back.

I've seen near naked Tibbies strut out in minor/puppy class so I'm thinking this is par for the course unfortunately.

Not what you want to hear, but over the past 4 years I have tried all these coat growth things - and they are all expensive (except the Biolac Coat Improver) and NONE work!

What I have tried - for a bitch who loses so much coat, and the texture totally changes too - after every phantom pregnancy - and nothing works except time (til she loses it next time):

- royal jelly shampoo

- royal jelly supplements

- flaxseed oil

- omega 3/6/9 oil

- Biolac Coat Improver powder (seemed to help the coat the first time but not since then, a few years ago)

Might try the Nutrigel - always looking for help in this coat-loss/re-growth area!

Interested to hear what others have had any success with...