Should Regional Areas Have To Support Erskine Park.?

klink

I'm with you on that one. We went from "coffee" to dirty dish water, when they axed that coffee van and the lovely ladies in it. They made a mean cookie too

Sorry, OT. But yes indeed. :( It is a sad state o affairs when a monopoly is given to those who provide a far lesser service...

You hv clearlygiven this a great deal of thought. Are you running for office?

Nah Im a nobody in the dog world but to me its just the most obvious and equitable solution. I could write to DogsNSW but I doubt anyone would pay any attention to it. There are just too many self interested parties for any reasonable suggestion to be even considered.

Maybe I'll write to Tom but really the only way anything would be done is if all the regional groups got together with a co-ordinated effort. It would take an awful lot of signatures to even make them discuss it but I think that they get too much easy cash this way and they wont give that up without a fight. But its about time the regions started standing up for themselves.

What I need is somebody with some clout to work the idea out with so a proposal can be put to the various regions to gain their support so a proposal can be put together for the next agm.

Anyone out there who is a somebody that would like to take this on with me?????

First step needs to be to work out if the idea is economically viable but the only way to figure that out is to know the $$$ collected in each region and there's no way I could evn come close to getting that kind of information. Like I said I am a nobody.

It would be very easy, but time consuming, to work out how much levy is collected from each region and also from non EP metropolitan shows. You only need to go through the journals for a year. I am sure I have seen membership figures published for each region and you could work out affiliation fees from the listed affiliated clubs.

It would be very easy, but time consuming, to work out how much levy is collected from each region and also from non EP metropolitan shows. You only need to go through the journals for a year. I am sure I have seen membership figures published for each region and you could work out affiliation fees from the listed affiliated clubs.

But that doesn't take into account the levies collected at each show.

It does because the levy is per dog and the entry numbers for the show are published.

It does because the levy is per dog and the entry numbers for the show are published.

I agree but that information should be accessible by someone that is involved with DogsNSW. Im not about to put in that kind of effort unless someone at a high level is prepared to take this on with me. Otherwise it would be a complete waste of time.

I agree but that information should be accessible by someone that is involved with DogsNSW. Im not about to put in that kind of effort unless someone at a high level is prepared to take this on with me. Otherwise it would be a complete waste of time.

There lies a lot of the problems that occur in the dog world.

To get onto the 2010 BoD you would have needed less than 300 votes if I remember correctly for the lowest number of votes for someone elected. Do something for what you believe in rather than expect people who are "high level" to do it.

I don't show but am passionate about my ANKC sport and I do do a fair bit towards the running of it as well as towards what we want with our facilities. If you want improvements or to be heard you need to work for it.