Rant About Neighbours

Bully

Have you offered to take the dog? They might be happy to give it up with a new baby, depending on how you approach them. Unless with all the complaints, it's too late.

Another angle to try... If the outside is a mess, what's the inside like? Is the baby in danger/being neglected? That would put child protection in the picture. Sounds like the dog might not be the only one needing saving from worthless humans.

Good luck with everything. Hope it all ends well and soon

These relatively minor issue's are so hard to fix. I my self have a mini bus owner operator that parks his car out the front of my house because he live on a corner. Councils seem very much a toothless tiger ( smile and nod) yes they have given fines when the busses were out the front. I even left it for the council to sort out for about 12 month and when i did go around to sort it out the cops get called, more protection for the buggers. Butt my major point is why can't people just be polite in this society these days and respect the the place WE live in. I'm no wall flower but respect for others and even pride in myself was always taught to me. Julie good luck with it all and hopefully we'll. Catch up at the bully show again and you can meet my second miniature bully she's lovely. Yes, I am as mad as my bullies

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Guest donatella

The problem is these people will never rent again (with a bad rental history) which means that this dog will end up in the pound and most likely PTS :(

Sounds like the dog is not having a particularly nice experience now.....

which is a shame as he's only 10 months old and has a full life ahead of him :(

Have you tried talking to them about the problem? Obviously they don't find it that bad but perhaps if they knew you couldn't stand it they would do something?

The poor dog :(

OP states there have been 'verbal altercations' with them.

Have you offered to take the dog? They might be happy to give it up with a new baby, depending on how you approach them. Unless with all the complaints, it's too late.

Another angle to try... If the outside is a mess, what's the inside like? Is the baby in danger/being neglected? That would put child protection in the picture. Sounds like the dog might not be the only one needing saving from worthless humans.

Good luck with everything. Hope it all ends well and soon

The OP may not be in the position to take the dog, and what's to stop the owners then getting another dog and the cycle repeating itself.

Also, my lease states I cannot hang washing on my balcony. I assume its all about maintaining the visual image of the area.

The RTT hears all kinds of crap from both tenants and landlords, but the bottom line is they're lawyers and will go with the balance of evidence.

That's actually incorrect. The majority of the adjudicators on the RTT are from different occupations. The usual rules of evidence etc do not apply in the tribunals (as they are lawyer free zones and Joe Public would not understand the rules nor would an adjudicator) thus it is not on balance of probabilities.

The OP may not be in the position to take the dog, and what's to stop the owners then getting another dog and the cycle repeating itself.

Also, my lease states I cannot hang washing on my balcony. I assume its all about maintaining the visual image of the area.

No I'm not in a position to have another dog in a strata situation and the tiniest of backyards. I've moved back here temporarily until I'm in a position to be able to sell and purchase a property with a small lawned yard for Pele. I'm lucky that she's allowed :) He's a lovely dog and if I was in a position to have him I'd take him and try and find him a better home.

Wonder of wonders, the male tenant took the dog out while he put his bin out tonight! His ears must be burning :laugh: Don't know if they've cleaned up the poo, the wind direction has changed and can't smell anything :crossfingers:

The RTT hears all kinds of crap from both tenants and landlords, but the bottom line is they're lawyers and will go with the balance of evidence.

That's actually incorrect. The majority of the adjudicators on the RTT are from different occupations. The usual rules of evidence etc do not apply in the tribunals (as they are lawyer free zones and Joe Public would not understand the rules nor would an adjudicator) thus it is not on balance of probabilities.

Yes, sorry, Danois you are absolutely right, they can be from any profession. But in the South Australian RTT specifically only 2 out of the 14-or-so members don't have a law degree. I was referring more to their approach to cases than the actual application of legal principles, although they still have to follow the legalities of the Residential Tenancies Act and justify each decision accordingly.

Also, a couple with a baby in their arms is very unlikely to be their most sympathetic case even of that day. I still think gathering and presenting documentation and specifics and sticking to the facts is the best way to go :)

While I understand there are laws in place preventing people from hanging washing from balconies in particular properties and locations ... Seriously who cares?

It's washing! Is it really that offensive to some people that there needs to be a law against it? And more to the point, these are residential properties meaning humans who wear clothes reside in said buildings therefore washing is to be expected.

Dog forbid the elitist, snobby areas of Australia have washing!! :eek::laugh:

Guest donatella

While I understand there are laws in place preventing people from hanging washing from balconies in particular properties and locations ... Seriously who cares?

It's washing! Is it really that offensive to some people that there needs to be a law against it? And more to the point, these are residential properties meaning humans who wear clothes reside in said buildings therefore washing is to be expected.

Dog forbid the elitist, snobby areas of Australia have washing!! :eek::laugh:

I think the point in case is if these were actually nice people who did the right thing by their pet, cleaned up after it and allowed the rest of the block to live without smell noone would care about the washing. The washing is used as one strike against them to get them out or get something done about them living in squabble.

Before I moved into this place i'm in now I had my pup in a unit that was No Pets but the neighbours didn't mind, I kept the place tidy, she didn't bark and annoy anyone and the real estate wasn't any more the wiser. It was completely the wrong thing but it was a temporary measure until I found suitable pet friendly accomodation and broke lease when I did, again the real estate was never any wiser. So you can bend the rules sometimes for some circumstances (doesn't make them right) if you're nice about it and go about it the right way.