Hoarse

ludwig09

We just picked up our two schnauzers from the boarding kennels and i have since noticed my boys bark is very hoarse. My husband and i have both checked him thoroughly for ticks but havent found anything. He seems otherwise normal. Is it possible he has just barked himself hoarse? Anyone elses dog done this? He was there for 5 days.

Definitely could have barked himself hoarse. I used to work in kennels and some of the dogs just never ever stopped barking the whole time they were there.

Could also be canine cough. Is he coughing or you're just noticing it when he barks?

We just picked up our two schnauzers from the boarding kennels and i have since noticed my boys bark is very hoarse. My husband and i have both checked him thoroughly for ticks but havent found anything. He seems otherwise normal. Is it possible he has just barked himself hoarse? Anyone elses dog done this? He was there for 5 days.

Yes, I used to kennel a bitch when she was in season. She would always sound like she had been debarked for a week after she came home. She loved the kennel owner and would go off happily with her each time so it wasn't stress at being there. I think she just liked to bark with all the other dogs while she could.

Definitely could have barked himself hoarse. I used to work in kennels and some of the dogs just never ever stopped barking the whole time they were there.

Could also be canine cough. Is he coughing or you're just noticing it when he barks?

Melzawelza he is not coughing or anything different otherwise. Its just when he barks. He normally has a very ear piercing high pitch bark so its quiet nice that its toned done lol...... i was worried though but fingers crossed he just barked himself silly.

Melzawelza he is not coughing or anything different otherwise. Its just when he barks. He normally has a very ear piercing high pitch bark so its quiet nice that its toned done lol...... i was worried though but fingers crossed he just barked himself silly.

In that case I wouldn't worry at all. Sounds like you just have a barker on your hands!

They usually come home exhausted as well as hoarse. Most dogs have the time of their lives in a boarding kennel. Also a lot of them get far more exercise than they do at home.

laneka he normally comes home buggered but this is the first time he has been hoarse. But come to think of it, its the longest he has been in the kennel. They normally go to my mum and dads for long stays. Yes i think it may be a sleepy day in our house tommorow :laugh: