Show Training- Castle Hill

poppop

I can't find the info now, but before Xmas I read about show training that happens at Castle Hill showground on (I think) a Weds night at 7.30pm.

Can someone confirm I have the right day and time pls? I can't find anything on the web.

Assuming the day and time is right, does anyone know what date the show training starts again for 2012?

Many thanks

Thanks poppop :)

I started out going to training with Luci Ellem for a few months but I haven't been in ages - I am keen to check out Castle Hill - apparently the atmosphere is a bit more relaxed (mind you, I was so afraid of doing something wrong that I tried to learn quickly so I wouldn't get in trouble :laugh: )

Thanks poppop :)

I started out going to training with Luci Ellem for a few months but I haven't been in ages - I am keen to check out Castle Hill - apparently the atmosphere is a bit more relaxed (mind you, I was so afraid of doing something wrong that I tried to learn quickly so I wouldn't get in trouble :laugh: )

Yes, Luci can be tough and I find she can be a bit heavy handed with some of the dogs...

Edited by Havasneeze

I think C/Hill DT club do show training on Tues around 7pm as well - anyone??

Pam Young and friends run this and it is more about socialization with some show training thrown in. They do a great job and will help you with any areas that you feel need working on... e.g. your dog has a problem with the table, ok, let's do some extra table work. Cost is $5 per dog, at least it was last time I went. I'm sure someone will let us know if the price has increased.

I'm an owner of a mutt, but interested in perhaps showing with a purebred one day - any chance they would let me "learn the ropes" with my mutts?

Even if they did there would not be much point. Show training is about learning to show a particular breed and your particular dog to its best advantage. All the information they would give you on grooming, gaiting, stacking etc is breed specific and specific to your dog.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm an owner of a mutt, but interested in perhaps showing with a purebred one day - any chance they would let me "learn the ropes" with my mutts?

Even if they did there would not be much point. Show training is about learning to show a particular breed and your particular dog to its best advantage. All the information they would give you on grooming, gaiting, stacking etc is breed specific and specific to your dog.

I think doing a little training with a mutt could help. Just understanding how moving around can change shape etc- it will still be a big learning curve with a show dog but it might give them a better chance/understanding of training their pup...

(having been someone that stuffed their first dog up and had to do a lot of unlearning)

Edited by Jumabaar