Toilet Training A 3yr Old

DAVERI

well my staffy has been with us now for about 2mths. she's 3 and has come from a home where she spent much of her time on a chain in a back yard. since she's been here she's been such an angel. We live on 2 acres and she has run of much of the place. She can come in when i'm home but at night when we go to bed she must stay outside. normally she poo's in the Garden. which we don't mind cause its means you don't hit hidden landmines in the grass with the mower, if you should miss one in the pick up before mowing. The other day it rained and she pooed on the patio. although i wasn't pleased about it, it was raining cats and dogs out and figured she didn't want to get wet. BUT now she's taken up doing it all the time and weeing too, even when its not raining. yesterday we had people over and she did both right beside the outdoor setting when i walked inside to get the visiters a drink. its been cleaned up and hosed off evertime when we've seen it but what is best to deter her from continueing to do it.

OMG, I was about to start a thread about the exact same thing! My dogs have taken to pooing and peeing on our patio. Its driving me insane and it stinks. We hose it down as soon as we see it but thats not really fixing the issue. I was feeding them out there but then the girls would piss where their bowls were after they finished. So I feed them up on the grass now but they are still doing it on the patio. Is there something I can scrub the patio with that will deter them...Im pretty sure there isnt but thought I would ask anyway. The patio is where they all lay, its undercover, their beds are there and its "close" to us. The only thing I can do is lock them in a run all the time, which I dont want to have to do. I usually put two in the run while we are at work and two out and when we are home, all four are out. I said to my OH the other day about fencing off most of the patio and just leaving a little bit that they can still lie on undercover and be near us but that wont happen for a while yet. Any ideas for in the mean time?