Mozzie Bite?

ruthless

Usually I work from home so my dogs spend most of the day inside. I've been working in an office for the last couple of days and the dogs have been out in their runs. Bruno has lots of bites all over him. I think they're from mozzies. What's a good repellant? Permoxin? Aerogard?

I use a light ,all-over permoxin spray ..and have mozzie coils burning .

I'm always concerned that some dogs might lick it off (whether that be in the process of normal cleaning they periodically do, or otherwise). Is the Permoxin not harmful at all?

I still need to pull my sewing skills out of thin air and get to making long sleeved PJ's which I want to make out of light cool/breathable material such as sports wear is often made from, as a means of mozzie protection. My boy reacts to the mozzie bites too - the short haired dogs have vastly less protection from them than longer haired dogs. In the interim, I've used a modified T-shirt. It does make a difference but doesn't cover as much of him as I'd prefer.

Well, last year , I sprayed every dog , young & old most nights for about 3 mths .....and had mozzie coils burning ..and on bad nights, used aerogard as well!! We had mozzie plagues due to floods ..and it was either do that or lose dogs , as happened , apparently - dogs literally had the blood sucked out of them :(

we had no cases of illness or reaction to the sprays ,thankfully.

They're mostly on his head, so a t-shirt wouldn't work. He'd rip it off anyway, he's a destructive little shit! I'll go with the Permoxin. He's in and out of his paddling pool all day though so I'll need to put it on him daily.

Well, last year , I sprayed every dog , young & old most nights for about 3 mths .....and had mozzie coils burning ..and on bad nights, used aerogard as well!! We had mozzie plagues due to floods ..and it was either do that or lose dogs , as happened , apparently - dogs literally had the blood sucked out of them :(

we had no cases of illness or reaction to the sprays ,thankfully.

And that's fair enough too - gotta weigh up what's worse and I expect the mozzies under those conditions would be. Feel for you. It's not just about the floods - the after affects keep resonating a bit and we who haven't been so affected can tend to forget that :(.

They're mostly on his head, so a t-shirt wouldn't work. He'd rip it off anyway, he's a destructive little shit! I'll go with the Permoxin. He's in and out of his paddling pool all day though so I'll need to put it on him daily.

Lol ... yep - T-shirt on head wouldn't really work. And even if not his head, a sodden T-shirt on him wouldn't be the go either.

Edited by Erny