Good Dog Traninng School Around Cranbourne Vic ?

skunk

Hey all, i was wondering if anyone knew of any good dog/puppy training schools in the cranbourne area ?

iv gone past the Victorian state dog center on the western port freeway before & have contacted them regarding obedience classes however the person wasnt very helpful & the number she gave me has always rung out whenever iv called it.

any help would be much appreciated !

regards,

Skunk

Try Pro K9 - Erny on this forum (who is really a woman named Judi).

Lol - thanks Megan. I have thought to changing my name so gender was a bit more obvious and explanation wasn't felt to be necessary, but I've had the name from the get-go here on DOL and I do confess there's a certain sentimental attachment that goes with it as a result. Appreciate your post though.

Skunk - Pro-K9's training school is 3klms north of KCC Park (on same side of road). Feel free to call me if you would like to have a chat about what we are about and what we do. 0419 204 023 or 9707 1424

Cheers

Erny (a girl, lol)

aka Judi :D

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Erny for taking the time to speak with me the other day regarding training!

iv managed to find a puppy school for now, so sundaes off to school on sunday. lol

ended up going to the western port obedience dog club for puppy classes. had the first lesson today. wasnt too bad but i didnt really expect anything full on as its for puppies. i guess its mainly for them to socialize with other dogs etc. we did go thru the basics like sit, touch, stand & drop, also some loose leash walking.

very happy with sundae as even the instructor commented on how calm & responsive she was. apparently puppies are allover the place especially on their first day during puppy school due to all the different smells & sights etc. sundae did abit of that but overall was responsive to the commands. (think she loved the treats lol)

once we have finished with puppy school ill most likely go to pro k9 for further training.

ended up going to the western port obedience dog club for puppy classes. had the first lesson today. wasnt too bad but i didnt really expect anything full on as its for puppies. i guess its mainly for them to socialize with other dogs etc. we did go thru the basics like sit, touch, stand & drop, also some loose leash walking.

very happy with sundae as even the instructor commented on how calm & responsive she was. apparently puppies are allover the place especially on their first day during puppy school due to all the different smells & sights etc. sundae did abit of that but overall was responsive to the commands. (think she loved the treats lol)

once we have finished with puppy school ill most likely go to pro k9 for further training.

Oh cool sounds like you had fun with Janine :D she is great with puppies, I might have seen you there this morning in the midst of talking to new trialers.

We also train on Tues nights but that is more for the certificate classes/ trialers, you are most welcome to come & watch we start about 7pm :D

hi murve, awesome ! i might pop by tuesday night. i wouldnt have a clue which one u are but i think ud spot me fairly easily.. sundae is the only dobe pup there i think ! lol

Arr yes did have a very quick chat with you , I am the one with a Whippet embroided on the back of my club vest :D & I do have 2 whippet badges pined on the front near our logo, & yes you were the only one with a Dobe, Sundea is a sweetie :D

Oh ! hmmm i dont remember ! lol next time say hi & say its you so i know which u are ! haha.

went to the vets today as sundae grew a huge lump at the back of her head. vet said its totally normal & nothing to be worried about. (joint capsule) he did say everyone will be asking whats wrong with ur dog tho ! lol so ill be expecting some of that next training day. lol

Oh ! hmmm i dont remember ! lol next time say hi & say its you so i know which u are ! haha.

went to the vets today as sundae grew a huge lump at the back of her head. vet said its totally normal & nothing to be worried about. (joint capsule) he did say everyone will be asking whats wrong with ur dog tho ! lol so ill be expecting some of that next training day. lol

that is quite normal for Dobes :D

I will have our Papillon bitch at training tomorrow night & one of our Pappy boys too :D he is being trained by a friend of ours, as she wants to learn

lol when u see this on sunday morning u wont think its normal..its so big it looks far from normal but the vet has assured me not to worry about it & it will go away. main thing is its not causing her any pain or discomfort. no change in her behavior whatsoever either lol still naughty n playful as ever.

What does your Vet mean by "joint capsule" Skunk? And Murve - why is it quite normal for Dobes to have an affected joint capsule? I know that dogs can have vaccine reactions and I know that for black and tan dogs this can be worse, but I thought that was a soft tissue reaction, not a joint reaction, which is why I'm interested.

hi enry, he said its her skull plates or something along the lines of that. he did say he had seen heaps some worst than others & theres nothing to worry about as long as there wasnt any "heat & pain".

i will obviously be keeping an eye on this, hopefully it goes away soon. she looks pretty weird lol..

Thanks Skunk. So no relationship to the vaccine?

I've not heard of skull plate causing really large lumps at the back of pup's heads (I presume it is a growth developmental thing), although perhaps my imagination is building this to be a bigger picture than it is.