My Katy-bear Has To Have A Tplo Most Likely

newfsie

My stafford x had a TPLO a year ago last October done by Prof Ken Johnson at Sydney Uni (they were fab). I was nervous as I made the mistake of looking at some horror stories on the internet but they put my mind at rest.

It was WELL worth it. Basically the difference was obvious from the moment he had had the op. The first 10-14 days were the hardest (and even they weren't that bad) as I was worried about stitches, which he didn't touch anyway.

My boy is nearly 9 so had it done at 7 years old. He has always been a maniac ball fiend/jumper though and not crate trained so I was concerned about him reinjuring his knee. Actually it was fine. When I wasa at work he was in my bedroom with curtains closed and window open (I put the mattress on the floor for the whole 8 weeks) and a friend came and toileted him. At night he was with me watching TV.

Apart from the fact I reckon his leg is a bit more bandy you would never know and he is STILL a ball chasing loon. If he did the other leg (god forbid) I would definitely do it again.

My Rottweiler had TPLO on both knees, not at the same time, there was 12 months inbetween her surgeries.

Wing Tip Wong performed both surgeries and we had excellent results. I wouldn't use anyone else for this surgery.

Wing Tip said most TPLO surgeries turn out well. What is critical is the recovery and rehab period. He's very strict with his recovery instructions.