Training Vest

Sue & Waldo

I am wanting to get a training vest - pockets, lightweight but not too military looking.

Does anyone know where I can get one? I would prefer not to get one on-line so I can try it on so somewhere in the Melbourne area would be preferable.

On-line links are welcome though.

Thanks in advance!

Try your local fishing and/or hunting store.

As for 'proper' dog training vests, not many places in Australia that sell them unfortunately. K9 Pro has some, I think there are a few places around that sell Gappay gear too. Not sure?? I got both mine from O/S (Elite K9 and Euro Joe)

Try your local fishing and/or hunting store.

As for 'proper' dog training vests, not many places in Australia that sell them unfortunately. K9 Pro has some, I think there are a few places around that sell Gappay gear too. Not sure?? I got both mine from O/S (Elite K9 and Euro Joe)

Thanks for that-the ones I have seen made me look like a commando or something worse. LOL I can never work out the sizes!

Something like a women's shotgun hunting or clay target shooting vest might be the go

Here is one example. It will have a padded shoulder but they are made to be walked in. ETA: found a pic

0000000447_th.jpg

They do tend to have them in slightly less 'commando' style patterns and colours for women. Anything made to hold shotgun shells will have cavernous front pockets. :)

You'd probably have to order one from 0/S unless you have working gundog/shooting contacts who can steer you towards a supplier.

Edited by Telida Whippets

Something like a women's shotgun hunting or clay target shooting vest might be the go

Here is one example. It will have a padded shoulder but they are made to be walked in. ETA: found a pic

0000000447_th.jpg

They do tend to have them in slightly less 'commando' style patterns and colours for women. Anything made to hold shotgun shells will have cavernous front pockets. :)

You'd probably have to order one from 0/S unless you have working gundog/shooting contacts who can steer you towards a supplier.

:thanks: I like that-thanks for the idea. Sure is a wealth of info here.