Pet Expo - Sbt And Amstaff Breed Clubs?

BoStoNmAdNeSs

I don't get what the uproar is all about.

Both the ANKC registered Staffords and Amstaffs in NSW are protected by the deal done by Dogs NSW with the Government of the time prior to the introduction of BLS. Being at the pet expo isn't going to make any difference to either breed surving in NSW.

No, but it's a chance to engage with the public and dispel some myths about their breeds.

Given that the SBT is one of the most popular dogs in the country, there's not a lot to dispel when it comes to them and the papered Amstaff is going from strenght to strength.

:rolleyes:

Ok. There are still a lot of unpapered dogs around too, and a lot of people who think pit bulls and anything that resembles one should be killed.

Just because the number of papered Amstaffs is increasing doesn't mean there's not room to promote them and give people an an alternative visual to the unpredictable, savage beast that the media often portrays them as. Who knows, someone who previously thought bull breeds are lock jaw powered killing machines might even pat one and change their mind a bit. That's the kind of publicity and myth dispelling I'm talking about.

I think you knew that, though.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic