Rant From A P*ssed Off Show Secretary

Rebanne

No I don't think you could get three of those onto an A4 page. More space to write the stuff on them though. I wish they just had the same one Aus wide, would be much easier

There is supposed to be, amendments were made to the National Uniform Conformation Entry Form at both the 2009 & 2010 ANKC Conferences.

Graham

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as part of my business I print entry books (Vic style) and I would prefer if they made them 3 to a page, it seems ridiculous that they are a non standard size. For me it means having paper cut to the correct size and its a pain in the butt.

I believe the ANKC database could have an upgrade to allow people to purchase pre filled in entry forms, it is just a report.

as part of my business I print entry books (Vic style) and I would prefer if they made them 3 to a page, it seems ridiculous that they are a non standard size. For me it means having paper cut to the correct size and its a pain in the butt.

I believe the ANKC database could have an upgrade to allow people to purchase pre filled in entry forms, it is just a report.

Why CC's don't have a downloadable Word or Excel doc that prints entry forms to size beats me. :shrug:

Posting this on behalf of those poor hardworking show secretaries who have been harassed because of recent FLOODS and HOT/HIGH temperatures and had to cancel shows at the last minute..

over the last couple of weeks,

And people wonder why volounteers are reluctant to run Ag show dog sections and KC 's, 99.9% of exhibitors have been wonderful,

it only takes that 0.1% making threats to take action & make people throw up their hands..... :mad

and all of a sudden you have no one willing to help therefore no shows in the future... :(

CANCELLATION OF SHOWS BY REASON OF THE SAFETY GUIDELINE REGULATIONS

Most regrettably it has been necessary for a number of shows to be cancelled this weekend due to hazardous conditions that prevail at showgrounds themselves and related access roads etc.

These cancellations have been imposed under Dogs NSW Show Regulation Part 2 - Show Section 19.

"19.2 Safety Guidelines

The safety of members and their dogs is of paramount importance. All persons concerned with the conduct of shows or trials are required to exercise due care and to ensure that

activities are conducted under safe conditions. The following requirements are to be observed:-

a) Exhibitions are not to be conducted under hazardous conditions."

The obligations of affiliates to meet contracted obligations such as any judges expenses that have already been incurred, sash, ribbon & trophy purchases and in some cases, catering costs for purchases made before the cancellation.

For this reason, when introducing the Extreme Weather & Safety Regulations, the Board of Directors considered it necessary to impose a nil refund policy and this is reflected in Regulation 19.3 which says

"19.3 In the event of cancellation of a show in accordance with this Regulation, a refund of entry fees shall not apply."

Nil refunds for show cancellations also apply in other states.

The Board is confident that any Affiliate which obtains any windfall profit as a result of this policy will find a way of returning it to exhibitors in due course. (e.g. reduced entry fees for their next show).

Tom Couchman

President, Dogs NSW

DOGS NT sell the 3 to a page blank forms as well as fully completed forms(all you have to do is fill in the show details and sign it). If your state doesn't offer these, email [email protected] and we would be only too happy to help.

Graham

DOGS NT sell the 3 to a page blank forms as well as fully completed forms(all you have to do is fill in the show details and sign it). If your state doesn't offer these, email [email protected] and we would be only too happy to help.

Graham

Last time I spoke to our wonderful person she was rather busy. Hope she realises you are offering her services nation-wide ;)

Graham

I should have added that these forms are perforated so no cutting is required at all. The prices are $15.00 for 10 sheets (30 entries, 1 dog) for the personalised forms and $15.00 for 17 sheets (51 entries) of the blank forms.

Graham