Where To Get Help To Rehome

Loraine

My son and hsi family are hoping to move back to the UK in a couple months time.

They have an 8 year old male, desexed, microchipped Weimaraner. Alfie suffers separation anxiety and his vet has advised against him being shipped to the UK.

Son has asked me to help find a new home for Alfie.

I am not even sure where to start. I am a member of SAFE, so I will contact them tomorrow, but I do know this dog needs to go to an experienced Weimaraner person.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by Loraine

Surely if the dog suffers separation anxiety he would be better to go with his family than to be rehomed. With the new rules there is no quarantine.

All well and good but how do you propose it deals with 24 plus hours in transit/ on flights? Pretty sure Weis are bloat prone so the stress may be a too big a risk.

Surely if the dog suffers separation anxiety he would be better to go with his family than to be rehomed. With the new rules there is no quarantine.

She has already mentioned that even the Vet recommended not transporting the dog. Taking it with them is not an option here.

All well and good but how do you propose it deals with 24 plus hours in transit/ on flights? Pretty sure Weis are bloat prone so the stress may be a too big a risk.

This!

I would think the chances of the dog bloating in transit would be pretty high.

The vet has said it is too big a risk, Alfie has already had one torsion and the trip, door to door is 30 hours in a crate.

Thanks for all your advice.

RallyValley I got your message and have passed to my son - many thanks from him and me.

They will be renting over there for some time and have already found that it will be extremely difficult to rent with such a large dog, most house owners are declining all pets!