Officer Shoots Dog.

Blackdogs

2.23 is before the shot by the way.

Yeah I getcha. And I'll just have to bow on this one. When I first started re-play my stomach turned. I didn't get more than about 15 - 30 seconds in when I had to shut it down.

Wish I could just freeze that second.... the dog looks anything but friendly.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the moment before the shot

post-13563-0-70745900-1330690329_thumb.jpg

At last, someone with a grasp of technology arrives. Thanks Janba.

Can you check to see one second more? I think the whole front end of the dog is off the ground and its mouth is wide open. I think its at 2.23

Edited by Telida Whippets

First time I've ever posted here, and such a miserable topic. That poor beagle :( it looked like those two dogs were doing to it what my cat does to mice when he catches them.

My take on the behaviour: the dog coming toward the officer was bouncing to a halt, you know how some dogs do, they're happy to bounce right up barking etc BUT when what they're barking at doesn't move they kind of bounce forward the last few paces then bounce a final time on the spot before continuing to bark because they're unsure.

Anyway, IMO the officer was in the right, those two dogs had NO right to be in that yard regardless of how the beagle is housed or what the owners of the beagle did or didn't do and irrespective of whether there was another way there wasn't that much time on the video between the officer entering the yard and the shots being fired. We can all sit and say I'd do this or I'd do that all we like, facts are it didn't happen here, and you don't know how you'll react until you're in that situation which I hope never happens to any of you. I'd certainly want the dogs removed from my yard as quickly as possible and as humanely as possible. It wasn't an ideal shot, but seriously, he was lucky to hit it at all IMO, he hadn't even aimed properly for the first shot because there wasn't time...

Just my two cents :)

This is the best I can do on this computer

post-13563-0-23710500-1330690903_thumb.jpg

post-13563-0-68505200-1330690961_thumb.jpg

I could do better on my work computer.

I really don't want to watch again but the dog is not friendly.

Yep, you got it thanks. That is not neutral behaviour and the dog comes on quickly.

It wouldn't let me attach them all in one post but I think the beagle is very lucky it acted submissively. A play bow does not necessarily mean the dog wants to play but can mean "I am ready" and indicate a state of arousal.

post-13563-0-98729800-1330692606_thumb.jpg

Edited by Janba

Thanks. Can you possibly do the "play bow" with the brindle dog including the change of position?

Sorry but I look at that series with the fawn dog and can only think "playing.. my @rse it is". :(

Edited by Telida Whippets

Thanks. Can you possibly do the "play bow" with the brindle dog including the change of position?

Sorry but I look at that series with the fawn dog and can only think "playing.. my @rse it is". :(

Can you give me the approx time in the video. I don't think the brindle dog was a bad with the beagle as the fawn dog but definitely more aggressive towards the people.

ETA I really do need to do this in proper video editing software.

Edited by Janba

Can you give me the approx time in the video. I don't think the brindle dog was a bad with the beagle as the fawn dog but definitely more aggressive towards the people.

ETA I really do need to do this in proper video editing software.

0.49 to .056. Wish we could crop and enlarge the interaction. The last second of the brindle dog on the beagle's left is telling.

That poor bloody beagle. I find its screaming the most distressing thing in the video. :(