Can A Dangerous Dog Be Reported By Witnesses?

Heisspur love

I was asked today by one of my Y12 anim studies students, "Miss, how many times does a dog have to bite someone until it is put down?" I asked a few Qs, eg. Who it bit, why and what they did about it... In the end no-one has reported the dog as the owner has convinced them not to. Rather than directing a 17 yo to read the Companion Animals Act, I thought I'd ask you guys.

The dog is a large, semi-housebound, Rottweiler that has bitten her brother and left scars. She asked if she and her brother can do anything about reporting it as it has also seriously bitten someone else on the face?

I was asked today by one of my Y12 anim studies students, "Miss, how many times does a dog have to bite someone until it is put down?" I asked a few Qs, eg. Who it bit, why and what they did about it... In the end no-one has reported the dog as the owner has convinced them not to. Rather than directing a 17 yo to read the Companion Animals Act, I thought I'd ask you guys.

The dog is a large, semi-housebound, Rottweiler that has bitten her brother and left scars. She asked if she and her brother can do anything about reporting it as it has also seriously bitten someone else on the face?

Sorry, but if it was one of mine it would be PTS or micro managed. Depending on the reason for the first bite as to what course I would have taken from there.

Any dog bites that a DR sees has to be reported but it is up to the person to report to council at least. Why hasn't the parents reported this dog if it has biten 2 of their children?

I see no reason for the class not to read the Companion Animals act....more pet owners should

Sorry, but if it was one of mine it would be PTS or micro managed. Depending on the reason for the first bite as to what course I would have taken from there.

Any dog bites that a DR sees has to be reported but it is up to the person to report to council at least. Why hasn't the parents reported this dog if it has biten 2 of their children?

I see no reason for the class not to read the Companion Animals act....more pet owners should

We look at all the legislations to do with animals, which is what actually triggered the question. Apparently her brother was visiting their Dad and came back from there with these bite marks. Dad didn't want to report it as he knows the owner of the Rotti. The other child (my student)wasn't seriously bitten, but someone else. The sister and Mum are asking if they can report the dog?

• 2 weeks later...