Animal Lovers That Dislike Children

LizT

I said, kids are as individual as any other human, so it makes no sense to me to say "I don't like children". It's like saying "I don't like men" or "I don't like women". It isn't logical. They don't all act the same, have the same personalities. If 'disliking kids' is based on the fact they poo in nappies and therefore smell for about 5 minutes of their day, then well...I just call that shallow.

Babies are very noisy a lot of the time, and smelly a lot of the time and are pretty boring. They can't speak, they can't move properly and do nothing for me. But you say I am shallow because I can't find anything to appreciate in other people's babies? What can babies do that is so good? They cannot do any of the things that make adults appealing and good to be around. They don't even have a personality, they just have moods and impulses that they don't control.

I think it is shallow when hormones take over parents' brains and suddenly this weak, noisy, smelly, boring, greedy thing is suddenly more important than anything and anyone else in the world.

There is nothing appealing to me about babies, they are grotty, loud and annoying.Your affection is all in your head, and caused by the hormones designed to keep the species alive. Like a dog acting on its instincts to bury a bone, there is no deeper intellectual basis for you liking your baby, or you having a shot at the people that don't.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I said, kids are as individual as any other human, so it makes no sense to me to say "I don't like children". It's like saying "I don't like men" or "I don't like women". It isn't logical. They don't all act the same, have the same personalities. If 'disliking kids' is based on the fact they poo in nappies and therefore smell for about 5 minutes of their day, then well...I just call that shallow.

Babies are very noisy a lot of the time, and smelly a lot of the time and are pretty boring. They can't speak, they can't move properly and do nothing for me. But you say I am shallow because I can't find anything to appreciate in other people's babies? What can babies do that is so good? They cannot do any of the things that make adults appealing and good to be around. They don't even have a personality, they just have moods and impulses that they don't control.

I think it is shallow when hormones take over parents' brains and suddenly this weak, noisy, smelly, boring, greedy thing is suddenly more important than anything and anyone else in the world.

There is nothing appealing to me about babies, they are grotty, loud and annoying.Your affection is all in your head, and caused by the hormones designed to keep the species alive. Like a dog acting on its instincts to bury a bone, there is no deeper intellectual basis for you liking your baby, or you having a shot at the people that don't.

As I said it is the open dislike that is hard to understand.

For rudeness you actually get an "A" this morning.

She was defending being called shallow shrug.gif i thought there were some interesting points

isn't this thread about why? you can't answer that while hiding it.

Edited by Cat

As I said it is the open dislike that is hard to understand.

For rudeness you actually get an "A" this morning.

I imagine that you find quite a lot of things hard to understand.

The love I feel for my son is not "hormonal". Yes he's a baby, he spews, poops and dribbles. He's messy and when he has a dirty nappy stinks. The love I feel for him is not "in my head" either. It is genuine and real. Saying that loving a baby is hormonal is extremely disrespectful to parents. I would never suggest the same about anyone else or their animals. Everyone is different, some prefer animals over humans. So be it, it's their choice

The love I feel for my son is not "hormonal". Yes he's a baby, he spews, poops and dribbles. He's messy and when he has a dirty nappy stinks. The love I feel for him is not "in my head" either. It is genuine and real. Saying that loving a baby is hormonal is extremely disrespectful to parents. I would never suggest the same about anyone else or their animals. Everyone is different, some prefer animals over humans. So be it, it's their choice

Why should I respect you? Because you had a baby? Hormones are hormones, I can't control the effect they have on you, I am just an observer.

I'm not asking you to respect Me because I had a baby. I'm saying that suggesting the love a parent feels for their baby being hormonal is disrespectful. Is the love you feel for your partner hormonal?

Yes it is.

Have you heard the saying that "Love is Blind" ? What do you think that is about?

They don't even have a personality, they just have moods and impulses that they don't control

At what age do babies get a personality would you say? Or are all human beings simply moody, impulsive creatures with no control over themselves?

Personality develops over a person's life. Generally development slows after a person reaches maturity.

Who knows where love comes from? From an evolutionary perspective, loving your child is as rational (probably more) than loving a partner or a pet.

It makes more sense biologically to love a baby than a pet. To keep the species alive. That is why the baby hormones can have such a strong effect on some people, and it can override all other considerations. Like the fact that the baby may be disturbing people who are just as entitled to quiet enjoyment of space as the mother and baby are. Like the way that annoyance is shown if somebody even mentions that they do not want to sit next to a baby on a long haul flight.

People like you yes I do.

I cannot understand the need to be so openly RUDE.

And now everyone reading the topic notices your lack of understanding, and we can all laugh at your inability to follow a thread.

I am glad you have been entertained.

To me love being blind is about what we choose to love. I love my husband, son, family and dogs. However I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to love what I do.

You didn't choose your baby. Unless you went to an overseas orphanage to select a baby, or through the black market baby trade, you got whatever baby came out of your body and you will love it regardless of any faults it may have. Even if it has some pretty bad faults. Hormones can make you do that. You have no choice.

To me love being blind is about what we choose to love. I love my husband, son, family and dogs. However I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to love what I do.

You didn't choose your baby. Unless you went to an overseas orphanage to select a baby, or through the black market baby trade, you got whatever baby came out of your body and you will love it regardless of any faults it may have. Even if it has some pretty bad faults. Hormones can make you do that. You have no choice.

Not necessarily. There are many mothers who choose not to love their babies. Some give them up, some just can not bond with them, others abuse them. I have chosen to love my baby. I may not always like him (especially when he poops on me) but I still love him

Not necessarily. There are many mothers who choose not to love their babies. Some give them up, some just can not bond with them, others abuse them. I have chosen to love my baby. I may not always like him (especially when he poops on me) but I still love him

I don't think it's a choice as much as a combination of a lot of things. How many normal well-adjusted adults do you know who would choose to give away their baby to somebody else? Those that give up babies usually have other issues in their lives which mean that they are unable to cope with motherhood. And many find that when they do they have a lifetime of regret because their "mother love" never goes away.