The Things We Do For Our Dogs...

i can cope with my bits being injured but try fronting the horsepital saying our large dalmatian bit the child... 13yo.

well it looked really bad and did need to be glued but the story goes like this....

child and myself at home (mr clydes at a lions meeting) had dinner and child and dog are wrestling round the floor rough housing and dumbmatian spins round mouth open (well he never closes it..) and crashed into the childs face... under his eye went the canine tooth. it opened up the face quite a good wound blood every where, but the noise was the worst, child screeming hysterically..... i nearly needing sticking plaster, over his mouth and my ears.

drive to the local horsepital, keeping in mind i have had many trips from falls off horses i have many "suspected fall from horse"... i get the "oh the dog bit him... well really much less sinister than that... teeth and face met in the middle" i think my file has yet another notation "suspected dog bite" :rofl: :rofl:

it then required a trip to maccas for ice cream. ;)

voloclydes- there are times when there is not enough Macca's ice cream in the world :rofl:

OR in my current state red wine :D

When i can't "feel my legs" as spoken by that now famouus stuffed moose then my work here is done !

Owww hope you aren't too sore today (from the injuries or the wine ;) ). Billie tripped me over at the top of a flight of concrete stairs once and continued to descend at pace...was a slow hobble home with a considerable section of my upper thigh/hip exposed.

Mine are really quite tame compared to a lot of yours :laugh: I have 2 broken toes (broken at seperate times) when I was stepping over Raspa and hit the wall instead, looked down and went ooh, don't think my toe should be on that angle (can't really feel my feet due to diabetes so probably a good thing) then one day when cleaning out my newsed car she decided that she really really wanted to be up in the car with me so used me as a climbing post, result - massive scratches up and down both legs as she dug her claws in to climb up and blood running down my legs, looked like I had cut an artary :laugh: other than that is has all been pretty quite on the injury field

Edited by TraceyB

Ha ha ha - contact sport - very true.

I have had my nose broken twice. Once by a Collie who lept onto the couch just as I turned around in response to the sound

The second time by a greyhound who got up faster than I had allowed for.

I have had broken ribs after running with a Collie who decided to herd me at just the wrong moment. Tail over head for me and dog - I was the only one with broken bones.

Just recently had several moles and lumps removed - one from my neck. Turns out one of them was a piece of bone from my ribs which I never bothered getting set - just strapped them up.

On shearing day recently I got a split lip and major bruising on my leg.

I have had broken foot, broken hand.......................the people at work are convinced my husband beats me I am sure.........it was the dogs, horse, cattle, llamas,........really...........honest..............

Hope you are feeling much better OP - gravel rash - especially with salt water hurts like heck!!