Lump On Max's Nose

Leelaa17

Hi guys,

I just noticed a good-sized lump on max's nose. I noticed it earlier on but thought it was a bit of dirt.

It's looks like what a mozzie bite would look like on a human. its not too red - pinkish and about third of it is black, i pressed it slightly and it doesn't seem to hurt him and he doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all.

I know it's only very recent as i kiss him on the nose every night before bed and he didn't have it yesterday.

I have a hens night I am going to tonight and I am wondering whether it will be ok to leave it till tomorrow so I can take him to the vet then?

Would anyone have any idea on what it might be? my OH thinks it may be just a bite from an ant or something but he hasn't seen it.

Any advice?

Hi guys,

I just noticed a good-sized lump on max's nose. I noticed it earlier on but thought it was a bit of dirt.

It's looks like what a mozzie bite would look like on a human. its not too red - pinkish and about third of it is black, i pressed it slightly and it doesn't seem to hurt him and he doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all.

I know it's only very recent as i kiss him on the nose every night before bed and he didn't have it yesterday.

I have a hens night I am going to tonight and I am wondering whether it will be ok to leave it till tomorrow so I can take him to the vet then?

Would anyone have any idea on what it might be? my OH thinks it may be just a bite from an ant or something but he hasn't seen it.

Any advice?

There are many things it could be - anything from a mossie bite, to an injury, to a fungal infection (ringworm) to a couple of different types of tumours that can come up suddenly like this.

Have it checked out properly, reasonably soon if it does not look better. Some of these things can be potentially nasty if not treated early.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Any advice?

There are many things it could be - anything from a mossie bite, to an injury, to a fungal infection (ringworm) to a couple of different types of tumours that can come up suddenly like this.

Have it checked out properly, reasonably soon if it does not look better. Some of these things can be potentially nasty if not treated early.

Cheers

I tend to agree with canine, have it checked out soon if it 'does not look better'.

Thanks guys. took him to the vet this morning and he thinks its an infection so max got a shot and is on antibiotics and if it doesn't go away in a few weeks then I need to take him back.

Thanks again.