Does Anyone Rescue From Kempsey?

I haven't yet but I did speak to them last week as there was a bitch with 9 newborn pups. I am originally from near port and had a friend travelling to Wagga from kempsey so it all fitted in well. When I spoke to them they were very nice and I just sent 16d paperwork, then when I confirmed later RSPCA up there had already taken them which was good news for the dogs.

They have only recently started to work with rescues I think.

• 3 weeks later...

i am also watching with interest. What rescue group does one join for that area? If i want to temp care?

http://www.petrescue.com.au/member/423

This is the petrescue link to PMAWS - Port Macquarie Animal Welfare Services. They dont seem to have a website but do have a facebook page. Im not sure how often they rescue, I do know they regularly fundraise and raise awareness in the community, including discounted desexing.

I am originally from Wauchope (near Port) and have noticed there isnt many private rescues along the Mid North Coast. There is volunteer RSPCA branches in Kempsey, Port and Taree but im not sure if they actively rescue. They may be a small rescue in Taree. But many of these pounds do struggle and only recently started to release to rescue.There definetly needs to be more carers or rescues in this area!

I know that Marguerite from the Kempsey branch of RSPCA takes dogs from the pound to rehome. They are quarantined on her property then advertised on the RSPCA site. That is how I got Charlie, she pulled him from the pound on his last day and I adopted him from her. There isn't a shelter there, just her acting in a volunteer capacity.

Not sure who else actively rescues in the area though.