Maiden Bitch And Breeder! Please Help

The-Fat-Labrador

Not having a go at the sire or anything here, but why did you choose a dog who cannot perform the "deed" naturally? There are often more than one possible stud a breeder can choose. The dog you used (based on what is written in this thread) would may have been better used on a proven bitch if he can only do AI.

Some injuries are that, injuries from an external influence (Eg car accident). Some breeders I know claim "injury" for soemthing structurally wrong with the dog. Again not trying to say you stud dog owner is deceitful or anything. This kind of stuff DOES happen.

I would also ask why you have not asked some of these questions of the breeder of your bitch or even the stud dog owner themselves? Especially the one regarding return service. This I think personally should have been your first point of call. After all, They are the best to answer this as you did not have it set beforehand from reading the posts.

I see you have taken great pains to keep the names hidden in this post which is great, however there can be some in your breed who know you are talking about if there are few dogs who have had injuries similar to the dog you used. The stud dog owner may not be appreciative of it appearing on DOL. (Some breeders love to gossip and some love to backstab with malice).

Natural mating is best for maiden. I would not have gone for an AI on a maiden bitch - proven stud or not.

Agree with the others - your prog tests were way too far apart. Although in saying this, I have had bitches mate at day 16 and conceive and whelp litters.

Have you got yourself a mentor in your breed? If not, they are great to have around as they know the breed and can generally guide you through you first few litters and how the breeding scene works and standard protocol etc.

Best of luck for your next mating. Hope you get a nice litter from her. Sounds like you are trying to do the right thing and 10 points for that when there are new breeders out there not willing to take these steps. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Not having a go at the sire or anything here, but why did you choose a dog who cannot perform the "deed" naturally? There are often more than one possible stud a breeder can choose. The dog you used (based on what is written in this thread) would may have been better used on a proven bitch if he can only do AI.

Some injuries are that, injuries from an external influence (Eg car accident). Some breeders I know claim "injury" for soemthing structurally wrong with the dog. Again not trying to say you stud dog owner is deceitful or anything. This kind of stuff DOES happen.

I would also ask why you have not asked some of these questions of the breeder of your bitch or even the stud dog owner themselves? Especially the one regarding return service. This I think personally should have been your first point of call. After all, They are the best to answer this as you did not have it set beforehand from reading the posts.

I see you have taken great pains to keep the names hidden in this post which is great, however there can be some in your breed who know you are talking about if there are few dogs who have had injuries similar to the dog you used. The stud dog owner may not be appreciative of it appearing on DOL. (Some breeders love to gossip and some love to backstab with malice).

Natural mating is best for maiden. I would not have gone for an AI on a maiden bitch - proven stud or not.

Agree with the others - your prog tests were way too far apart. Although in saying this, I have had bitches mate at day 16 and conceive and whelp litters.

Have you got yourself a mentor in your breed? If not, they are great to have around as they know the breed and can generally guide you through you first few litters and how the breeding scene works and standard protocol etc.

Best of luck for your next mating. Hope you get a nice litter from her. Sounds like you are trying to do the right thing and 10 points for that when there are new breeders out there not willing to take these steps. :thumbsup: