What Is The Age Difference Between Your Dogs?

What is the age difference between your dogs?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What is the age difference between your dogs?

• less that 1 year
    • 1 - 1.5 years
    • 1.5 - 2 years
    • 2 - 2.5 years
    • 2.5 - 3 years
    • 3 - 4 years
    • 4 - 5 years
    • 5 - 6 years
    • 6 - 7 years
    • 7 - 8 years
    • 8 or more years
    • no difference (they are litter mates or born at almost the same time)

I have always thought that 4-5 year age gap was ideal, but of course it does not always turn out how you expect. Currently I have a 19 year old, a 9 year old and a 5 year old. Up until recently I also had a 4 year old but he has moved out with my daughter. I would dearly love to be putting my name down for a new addition but my 19 year old is just to fragile to have around a large breed puppy and the important thing now is keeping him comfortable.

19!!! What sort of dog?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Barney turned 19 in Feb, his dam was a Chi x Foxie and his sire was a pure bred Foxie. He is the ugliest little dog with a terrible disposition, but he is one tough little dude. The biggest problem we have with him is trying to get him to eat enough, he has no body fat (never has)and feels the cold something shocking. Despite being small and fragile he still speaks up for himself and the other dogs do not mess with him. I have seen my basset bark at him and he fell over just from the blast, yep small and feisty.

Yep Barney turned 19 in Feb, his dam was a Chi x Foxie and his sire was a pure bred Foxie. He is the ugliest little dog with a terrible disposition, but he is one tough little dude. The biggest problem we have with him is trying to get him to eat enough, he has no body fat (never has)and feels the cold something shocking. Despite being small and fragile he still speaks up for himself and the other dogs do not mess with him. I have seen my basset bark at him and he fell over just from the blast, yep small and feisty.

Haha. That's awesome. Do you have any photos?

Not on this computor, I should take some more as I don't have many. Barney thinks the camera is trying to steal his soul and doesn't react well. Now his eyes are not as good I could probably get him with a zoom lense and he will never know.

Actually we nearly lost him tonight, he was in his crate having a chicken wing and tried to swallow it whole. Luckily I heard him hit the side of his crate as he went down, he was well and truely in trouble by the time I extracted it. I will be putting him on cut up chicken from now on.

I have 3 dogs.

9 year old

7 year old

22 month old

Due to circumstances there was a big gap there not due to dogs behaviour or anything but because I moved around a bit and I couldn't decide on a breed :) In the end I am glad I waited as even though I stuck with the same breed I got a daughter from one of my boys. She has been extremely easy though, always very mature and she never went through the puppy destructive/challenge stage.

I plan on having a litter next year maybe (keeps getting pushed back haha) and will be keeping one so will have 2 close together, then a big gap and then 2 close again. Will work out well I think as I will have two 'oldies' to keep each other company if I can only take the two youngsters out.