Worming Tabelts For Puppies

mini girl

In the past I have always given my pups drontal worming puppy liquid till they left me at around 8 or 9 weeks - remember seeing a post on tablets being better especially when they are ready to go - my pups are now 7 weeks and want to give them the right worming product at 8 weeks before I let them go - do you think a tablet is better and if so which one - the pups all weigh between 1.6 klo smallest and 2.1 klo largest pup.

I buy Spectrum Interceptor for my pups at 8 weeks. I think this time I bought the "Very small dog" tablets. It does heart worm and all worm in one nice handy chew tablet.

It is a monthly dose, so the puppy buyer does not have to worry about worming at 10 weeks (although I do advise if they are in certain conditions, it may be worth it - such as having poultry)

The heartworm is taken care of as well, so the new puppy buyer does not have to worry about daily heartworm tablets or finding a monthly heartworm tablet. (I also do not like the 12 month heartworm injection which they can get later on. And also reduces the risk of the puppy buyer buying a heart worm medication from the supermarket or ones that contain Ivemectin as I have a collie breed which are sensitive to Ivemectin).

I have checked with the vets and the manufacturer of Interceptor and it is safe for puppies and you do not need to do the 10 week all worm tablet (as this was my big concern).

In my puppy pack, I also include a catelogue from a local online vet place and also provide a number of links to other reputable online vet places where they can buy wormers, flea treatments etc. And point out it is much cheaper than going into the local pet store or vet.

They all seem to do the job unless there is an intense or unusual worm problem.

I don't like giving pups anything too strong so do not use the heartworm/flea all in one type products. At 4 weeks & after I use Ambex. You can but them online. Think its 100 tablets for around $55. Its a broad spectrum wormer for cats & dogs so I can worm all cats & dogs regularly & any pups & kittens for a very reasonable cost.