Parents After Middle Age Dog Small To Medium Melbourne

Hi,

My parents are after a dog to feel the void after their beloved shitzu cross was sadly put down Easter Sunday. She was 15 and a diabetic, my dad gave her insulin twice a day for 5 years. Wags the 10 yr old Japanese Chin is heartbroken. He is a male and they are after a smallish female dog. No puppies. The dogs live a mixture of in and out and go every weekend to the holiday house at the beach. My mum walks Wags every day for about 45 mins. She has been to the RSPCA but did not like the 'vibe' from there. My parents are in Melbourne so would like to know if any rescue groups may have any suitable dogs for them. They would be after a small to medium dog, no staffies or staffie crosses as my mum is scared of them after being rushed many years ago whilst out walking. :( IIdeally probably a terrier but not a constant yapper! Thanks in advance

Well my parents have adopted the beautiful Sheena from save a dog. She has only been there for a few hours but has already settled in. She can sit,stay,shake hands, and travels in the car beautiful. I would love to know her previous life and why on earth her previous owners never came looking for her. As the lady said from save a dog, all the dogs here are someone's dogs , they just don't want them any more. She has come from Latrobe pound in Melbourne to save a dog after serving her 8 days. I know she will have a great life with my parents and get lots of whippet plays with my girl.