Kelpie With Strange Bald Spot On Inner Front Leg

I rescued a kelpie from the pound about 6 weeks ago. She had a bald patch about 5cm long by 2cm wide on her inner front leg at the top. I assumed it was some kind of parasite so the vet treated her but it has stayed. I took her back to the vet and he has no idea as it's not a parasite. It's just a smooth bald area, no scaly patches or anything like that, just as if the hair has never grown there. I thought it could have been caused by anxiety and licking her legs as some dogs do but I've been like a hawk watching her and she doesn't do that...I'm very confused as to what it could be. It's not tender to touch or anything. Are dogs sometimes born with bald spots?

If the vet can't find a cause it could possibly be a old area where the dog had been licking damaging the hair follicles therefore hair won't grow back. Other than that no idea.

One of my kelpies has the same, started years ago licking his leg raw at the top of his front leg gradually working his way towards the bottom, I get it all healed up and he starts where he left off. Now he has this bald patch running down his leg.