Is This Good Enough For A Contest?

mixeduppup

I'm going into a local contest this year and this is a photo I want to put in the "animals and land" section. It's a photo of a kelpie I sold earlier this year, I was living on a station at the time and he was a pretty handy dog but I had to come home and sell him on as a small property would not have suited him. I still miss him. Is this a winner do you think?

boss.jpg

Hi, I guess it depends on what type of entires the other contestants put into the comp?

I think with competitions I like to look at the photo and see if it speaks to me and what I feel from it, Have you edited the pic at all, could you lighten the shadow a bit on the left of the dogs face and body, If you want me to be brutally honest to me its a picture of a dog on a red road and really doesn't make me feel anything, perhaps if you cropped and lightened the shadows. I only just said in another thread I wasn't good at CC but here I am. :laugh: He certainly looks like a lovely dog, love his ears!

I don't have any editing equipment at all and don't know how to do anything like that. Is there a free program online? yes he's a gorgeous boy, I went and saw him at his new home the other day and he's enjoying all the work.