Kennel Recommendation - Mornington Peninsula Area

We have a trip overseas coming up and I'm investigating all options for Vulcan's care while we are away. I'm pretty sure family and friends can take him, but just in case...can anyone recommend boading kennels for the Mornington Peninsula area? Anywhere in the area from the Peninsua to Tullamarine would be handy.

Cheers!

Edited by Polgara's Shadow

Again, haven't used Mornington Lodge but they were the only ones on my emergency accom list when I went away last year (have heard great things and I had a dog with special medical needs and they were more than happy to accommodate all her requirements). My parents visited them once to check out the facility and said that it looked great!

I use Cottage Kennels in Plenty, which is quite handy as it's on the way to the airport. I'm heading O/S in a few weeks but will drop them off the day before we leave as they don't open on Sundays. Very secure kennels and plenty of time in the outdoor runs, particularly in off-peak, which is when I try to go away. My 2 have stayed there once before - obviously they were pleased to be home but they hadn't lost or put on weight, were very clean and quite fit. I really liked the fact that when I emailed and asked how they were going they responded very honestly - the Dally was great with people but very slow to eat whilst the Springer was very shy and quiet but was wolfing her food down. That's exactly the behaviour I would have expected from both dogs in such a novel environment so the fact that they were aware of it was great. I also send Zig's food along (for health reasons) and they were happy to feed it. Plus 2 coats as he feels the cold and they came back washed as well.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Mornington Lodge definitly sounds worth while looking into. I've had a couple PM's as well that sound good so will check those out too.

Unfortunatly Cottage Kennels in Plenty is on the other side of the city for us and would be nuisance to get to.

It looks like he'll be able to stay with friends now, but will still chase up the kennels so we know where to go if we're ever in a bind.

Edited by Polgara's Shadow