Entry For The Ekka

Crazy Daisy

Guest donatella

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I can't wait to come see the dogs and agility! the ONLY reason i'll be attending the ekka this year.

I read that too but normally they send out your entry passes first. That rule says you have to show your exhibit listing and receipt in order to get your numbers. Well I have the receipt number but that's it. I had a look at the online entries again and there is nowhere to print anything out that could be an exhibit listing. Maybe I got something when I entered and put it somewhere "safe" :laugh:

I read that too but normally they send out your entry passes first. That rule says you have to show your exhibit listing and receipt in order to get your numbers. Well I have the receipt number but that's it. I had a look at the online entries again and there is nowhere to print anything out that could be an exhibit listing. Maybe I got something when I entered and put it somewhere "safe" :laugh:

No worries just e mail them and they will forward an e mail back with one. :)

The receipt number should get you in. All most people have is a receipt from the RNA.

Oh, by the way I put Sydney Royal entries away in a safe place one year........still haven't found them :laugh:

Edited by oakway

So print the emailed recipes out? Mmmm, looking looking...lol

Lol damn iPad..receipt..not recipes!!

Ps is anyone else on the first Thursday? Would love a catch up?

Edited by Missymoo

I've looked everywhere and I can't find an emailed receipt. I shouldn't worry, it must be very safe somewhere :rofl: We're on next Saturday, although Aria has decided to drop her coat so after all this searching we may not go. Maybe I can sneak her in as a Labrador instead of a Golden :laugh:

Edited by Crazy Daisy

Guest donatella

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I can't wait to come see the dogs and agility! the ONLY reason i'll be attending the ekka this year.

Same here! :D OH has work event on the Tuesday so good excuse for me to fly down too so I can go on Poodle day :thumbsup:

The Poms are on the Monday and i'm working :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

But there are puppy shows on the Sunday so I'm HOPINNNNNNNNNNNNNG I get to see some cuties then at least!! Straight into the dog pavillion I go :walkdog: :walkdog: :walkdog: :walkdog: :walkdog: :walkdog:

Quick question: Has anyone received their numbers and entry passes for the Ekka? It is getting close now.

22. ENTRANCE TO DOG PAVILION

Exhibitors with their exhibits will only be allowed to enter and exit the Dog Pavilion through the Gregory Terrace entrance. Exhibitors will be given their exhibit numbers upon presentation of their exhibit listing and receipt at the RNA Showgrounds. One exhibit number per person as printed on the Exhibit listing will gain entry to the Dog Pavilion through the Gregory Terrace entrance.

Exhibitors and their exhibits are to exit the Dog Pavilion through the Gregory Terrace exit.

I expect there will be a big backlog at the door as we all try to get our exhibit numbers! Good luck and happy showing.

I've jut been looking again at the new map for the new dog grounds...wtf is with the parking??!! I am by myself so I can't really drop off, which means I have to cart the dogs, trolley and other crap all the way through the grounds, over the road in the middle of the showgrounds to the new dog area..(from the primary school) either that or trudge down from the hospital...really??! Fan fricking tastic...

I've jut been looking again at the new map for the new dog grounds...wtf is with the parking??!! I am by myself so I can't really drop off, which means I have to cart the dogs, trolley and other crap all the way through the grounds, over the road in the middle of the showgrounds to the new dog area..(from the primary school) either that or trudge down from the hospital...really??! Fan fricking tastic...

Don't panic,, parking is on St. Pauls Terrace opposite Alexandrina street. You may access the showgrounds through Alexandrina or walk up St. Pauls to Costin Street turn right and then straight up to the show grounds entrance.

You may if you wish drop your dogs off first as we have been told that an area has been set aside that will be secure.

Sorry didn't read your post correctly (to early in the morning for me).

I am in the same boat and I am going to drop mine off first.

Edited by oakway

Still a bit of a trudge with a loaded trolley and a handful of leads! I thought it was a long way downhill on the way out.. :o

Unfortunately it's going to be longer one this year. :)

I do wish the dog showing area could have been placed on the St. Paul Terrace side of the grounds.

It was long and up hill, so if you can get dropped off, do it..I had an asthma attack when I got to the dog pavilion!!

Good news is the dog area seems to be slightly air conditioned to the point of its very plesant in there for both dogs and owner :)

Bad news is toileting area isn't that flash again...a small kid sized sandbox was filled with fine loose soil..a malamute owner and myself questained this for white pawed dogs, and thankfully they did change it to fine sawdust, so that was good :)

Showing area is good, but dogs seem to want to sniff the fake grass, so prepare for that ;)

Over all it's a better benching area for the dogs, viewing tvs are fabulous and plentiful and it's comfortable for both dogs and exhibitor.

It was long and up hill, so if you can get dropped off, do it..I had an asthma attack when I got to the dog pavilion!!

Good news is the dog area seems to be slightly air conditioned to the point of its very plesant in there for both dogs and owner :)

Bad news is toileting area isn't that flash again...a small kid sized sandbox was filled with fine loose soil..a malamute owner and myself questained this for white pawed dogs, and thankfully they did change it to fine sawdust, so that was good :)

Showing area is good, but dogs seem to want to sniff the fake grass, so prepare for that ;)

Over all it's a better benching area for the dogs, viewing tvs are fabulous and plentiful and it's comfortable for both dogs and exhibitor.

I agree with your feedback on the venue. Benching areas are great. Ring area is a bit of a patch job, small assembly area and the carpet grass isn't my favourite. Also the marquee does become quite hot when there are a lot of people inside it and the sun is beating down on it - probably needs a little more ventilation. Exercise and toilet area is much smaller and gets smaller when there is an overflow in the ring 1 assembly area.

I really liked the benching area although I'm not totally convinced that whatever they made the benches out of is going to last a long time - seems a little flimsy to me.

In terms of parking - I parked at the Fortitude Valley school. I found it easier because in the morning I walked across to the main entrance and walked through the grounds to the dog pavilion - in the afternoon - you walk straight out of the pavilion to the gate on Costin St and walk two blocks and cross the road to the car park - all flat too - so not too much worse. I chose that because I really wanted to avoid hills an it worked quite well.