Australian Customs

sheena

Just to clear up a few things for people and highlighting the difference between Customs and AQIS- (now called DAFF). Those ingredients are only a Customs issue if they come under CITES legislation (which relates to protecting endangered species, be it plant or animal)

Pet food products are an AQIS issue and you cannot bring in ANY pet food products unless you have a permit (even things like Greenies from the USA which of course are much cheaper to buy over there).

"Dog products" would only be of concern to Customs if the products were made from dogs- as dog and cat skin are prohibited as specified in the Customs Regulations.

Like I said, THIS particular product has no concerns for import.

You can refer to ICON on the DAFF website to confirm.

If you search for Homeopathic remedies for HUMAN CONSUMPTION you will find that as long as it is for personal use, less than 3 months supply, you will not need and import permit.

They may be inspected but will be released. There is NO QUARANTINE CONCERN for these items and customs will not be interested in them either if imported by individuals for use.

Persephone, you seem to have sensible grasp on the idea, maybe you should get a job with DAFF biggrin.gif

<Head Desk>

I have just awarded myself bonehead of the day award

As with a few others who have replied, I was of the assumption these were for the dogs, hence stating they require a permit.

For us peoples... No problemo

<looking for a cave to hide in now>