Basic Grooming Info For 'oodles'

What slicker would you recommend? My guys seem to find the 2 I have tried uncomfortable and whilst it does a decent job. It would be nice to make it more pleasant for them.

I like the soft Doggyman ones. They have a pink band on the handle.

A lot of oodle owners won't buy a good slicker like the Doggyman ones, too expensive (we use them for show poodles). Gripsoft make a good slicker and the handle is very comfortable to use. They come in two sizes and soft or regular. Great value for pets.

Slicker all the way pin brushes aren't designed for the type of brushing it needs,there more finishing brushes.

Slicker (one that isn't hard & you can brush your arm without it hurting & a combo comb .

Then of course telling the people to use the tools is more helpful for someone reason buying tools & then using them is a weird phenomin

Clip regularly as well & don't bath matted coats

As above. Pin brush is useless for under arms, near the bum & right near feet, especially on little dogs.

Brush first then comb through paying particular attention to under arms, back of ears. Use scissors to trim hair around the bum & corner of eyes & around mouth/face. Always keeping the points in the direction away from the eye in case the dog moves obviously.

I always check a new brush on my arm & the heat of the clippers frequently. If it hurts or burns me it does the same to my dog.

Edited by Christina