Puppy School Mark Singer

GeorgieB

Even though me and Reggie are currently attending puppy school at our local vet, I thought it couldn't hurt to go to more than one, especially considering the numerous recommendations for Mark Singer as a behaviourist on these forums. So I just enrolled us in the Puppy Owners Classes at Dogcity Daycare.

It's run by 3 professionals

Mark Singer

Adelaide Canine Training

30 years in dog behaviour and training

Dr Mark Reeve BScV

Tea Tree Gully Veterinary Hospital

Maria Ormond

Dogcity Daycare Grooming

25 years grooming dogs throughout Europe

It sounds really great, and hopefully it is! :)

Has anyone else been before?

Edited by GeorgieB

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I just had a 'small world' moment :) I was thinking about Dr Mark Reeve's father, Dr Phil Reeve, only yesterday - he kindly cared for my first dog Ziggy for her 13 years through desexing, snakebites, mange and up until the end :) :rainbowbridge:

Sorry to OT :o, I hope the class is good

I have worked with Mark with my dogs and would highly reccomend him as a behaviourist. I know he works closely with Dogcity Daycare but haven't heard any details re. the puppy preschool but looks good on the website.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

MRB, I read a testimonial where the person mentions Mark was there for at least part of the class. Perhaps it's a only occasional, I will let you know how it goes and if he is there in person. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just an update as we had our first puppy class last night.

It's good so far, Mark ran the whole class, it was information packed!

In comparison to our puppy school we've been attending at our local vet, it is a huge improvement it terms of the information provided and the controlled play for the pups. (admittedly it is just under three times the price) It's nice not to have eukanuba cramed down our throats at every session too :laugh:

The dogcity daycare staff were on hand during free play, and as I understand it have had training from Mark for managing dogs. They were quick to interrupt naughty puppies. Something I wish our local vet run school were better at..

Theres some gorgeous pups there too and I got to meet a beautiful Tibetan Mastiff puppy! :love:

Guest _MADCAT_

Hi guys, just an update as we had our first puppy class last night. It's good so far, Mark ran the whole class, it was information packed! In comparison to our puppy school we've been attending at our local vet, it is a huge improvement it terms of the information provided and the controlled play for the pups. (admittedly it is just under three times the price) It's nice not to have eukanuba cramed down our throats at every session too :laugh:The dogcity daycare staff were on hand during free play, and as I understand it have had training from Mark for managing dogs. They were quick to interrupt naughty puppies. Something I wish our local vet run school were better at..Theres some gorgeous pups there too and I got to meet a beautiful Tibetan Mastiff puppy! :love:

Thank you for the update!! I so badly want to goto Mark Singer for my Bullmastiff who is a bit dog aggressive because he was pretty badly attacked as a puppy by 4 different labradors at different times ( NOT saying I hate labs, but seriously, they were all labs that attacked him) So now when I walk him he is pretty defensive when another dog walks close to me... he just stiffens up and isn't a nice relaxed dog - so I'm saving up to goto Mark Singer to get him to help me correct the problem... Plus I have a 3 month old bullmastiff girl who I need to put into his puppy classes!! Being a full-time carer for my mum makes it hard to afford expensive training, but I know its WELL worth it!!!!

Thanks for the update! :D

img7196v.jpg