Small Dog Agility?

Tibbie_tabbie

I think the OP said they had a Tibetan Spaniel X not the Tibetan Terrier.

There is a Tibetan Spaniel called Sylvia in Melbourne who is does Agility pairs with a Schipperke I bred.

She can be mighty stubborn if she doesn't feel like jumping. Her owner is surprised that she actually got an Agility title to her name.

Our breed club in Melb holds two Agility trials, one mainly for small guys (since the breed is small) and an Open trial for all heights of dogs

but the small ones get 10% extra time.

Good luck

BB

My little Yorkie Bella is 215mm at the shoulder and runs in the 200 height class. She loves it but sometimes struggles up the A Frame in windy or wet weather. I once caught her when she got blown off a dogwalk in a big wind. She is 3kg. She doesn't make time much anymore as she has made it into Masters but she doesn't know what the course time is and she has a great time.

I have to run the course completely differently to how I run it for my Kelpie but having to do that has actually taught me a lot about handling and walking courses.

post-6550-0-73101800-1345968101_thumb.jpg

post-6550-0-94522300-1345968116_thumb.jpg

Update - We went to watch what it was all about.........Lil man also chose to try out the wobble board - which he had absolutely no problem with :) No startle or anything! He approached all the equipment like a confident pro.........although I did have to stop him peeing on the tunnel...

The new formal course begins in early 2013, so until then we are attending the casual class so he can get used to the trainers, area, etc.

Thank you to all for the advice and encouragement!! :thumbsup:

You can absolutely do agility with a tibbie in australia. Many people already do. i would do them with my tibbies, except I can't get a reliable recall off lead in public places with them. LOL.

I know the lack of recall is a bit of an issue with tibs! I don't know if it is the fact the my boy is a X (although personality is allllllll tib lol!) but he is very good. He has his stubborn moments but I just make sure he knows I have chicken and then when he sees me I run away or get down in the ground. Basically try and make myself more interesting than whatever he is looking at! I just hope I don't have to do that in the ring haha!