Toxic Combinations

Such a sad story about the loss of 4 beautiful greyhounds which an autopsy has found was due to a combination of worming and flea products. Is anyone aware of what not to combine, as in which particular products dont go with others? I'm sure worming and flea treatments are something that many dog owners have done fairly close together at some point in time

My link

Every Greyhound

"its not about the people behind it but the dogs in front of it"

Email me

My link

OMG thats scarey! you would think nothing wrong with doing them around the same time.

I wonder what the toxic combination was?

It says flea "bomb" and I know all the ones I have seen have required the animals and humans to be removed from the area being done. So it may not have been the combination- it may have been misuse of a product.

Just speculation. He may not have used a flea bomb- it may just be his terminology.

Edited by Jumabaar

OMG thats scarey! you would think nothing wrong with doing them around the same time.

I wonder what the toxic combination was?

It says flea "bomb" and I know all the ones I have seen have required the animals and humans to be removed from the area being done. So it may not have been the combination- it may have been misuse of a product.

Just speculation. He may not have used a flea bomb- it may just be his terminology.

He said he flea bombed them, so I read it as flea powder but could be wrong.

Growing up we used to say we flea bombed the dogs - as in flea powdered them.

Whatever it was (and I'm so sorry for the loss of the dogs' lives and what they would have gone through) I do think the general populous is a bit complacent/unaware about how much we administer in terms of chemicals not to mention the overlapped (and sometimes unnecessary) use of them on and in our dogs.

I'm sorry but I've seen some greyhound people use some absolute shite on their animals to get rid of parasites. They come and buy horse/cattle products, garden insecticides etc as long as its cheap and in bulk, because 'this other bloke has been using it for years and never had a problem'.