Dog Vomiting Up Foam And Blood

One of my foster dogs has just vomited up white foam and blood in it, he did bring up his breakfast at around 2 today, and then about 3 times now the foam/blood, any suggestions on what it might be.

I have had at least 5 dogs with kennel cough the last week or so, he doesn't have it but thought it might be related.

Also I was in the vets yesterday and a guy had his dog in there after spending the weekend in the emergency vets on a drip from the same symptoms.

Any suggestions would be a help. He seems otherwise fine, he isn't lethargic he appears fine.

Maree

CPR

Sorry I can't offer vet advice but I have a small 7 year old cross breed that has done this off & on over the years. She has been diagnosed with an ulcer & treatment does seem to improve the symptoms but they eventually return. We are currently going through another bout & treating it with maxalon & antibiotic's.

It could be anything from an infection to worms, gastro or parvovirus. Probably a vet visit is called for in the morning. Maybe keep an eye on stools and keep fluids up until then? Fingers crossed its nothing serious.

It could be anything from an infection to worms, gastro or parvovirus. Probably a vet visit is called for in the morning. Maybe keep an eye on stools and keep fluids up until then? Fingers crossed its nothing serious.

Not worms, not gastro, certainly not parvo. It's isn't anything major.

Could still be KC with a very irritated throat. How does the blood look, fresh red or old dark? I'd be trying the benedryl and honey until you get to the vet, it can't hurt. Good luck.

I am thinking a form of KC, the blood is the bright red, in little clots, so am thinking his throat is irritated although this boy doesn't have a cough, I am thinking that it is a stomach thing even though there is no running poohs.

Just had one of the other dogs do it as well, lost all his food from today and a tiny bit of blood, so may be the KC thing, I have had many dogs over the years have KC but nothing like this, I may still call the vet in the morning and will let you all know the outcome.

Maree

CPR