Heads Up Perth People (west Leederville In Particular)

Legion

Well I have to keep my dog on lead at our local park most of the time - because of all the roast chicken scraps left in the footy club car park, the lollies and sandwiches (still in their gladwrap) dumped in the playground, the chippies all over the oval, and the strapping tape ($4000 to remove by emergency vet, I heard last week), and various other problems...

So yesterday there was one of those scruffy poodle x running all over the oval from one footy goal to the other, I and the other people I was walking with could not tell who the owner was - and sure enough it crapped next to the bmx track and nobody came and picked it up.

Eventually we saw a family in the playground with a dog lead and no dog, so I asked them if it was their dog. yes it was. They were watching their child not the dog. And yes the dog has crap recall (zero). They were mortified when I told them that their dog had taken a dump and did come and help us look for it. I just told them they owed the oval a pick up - ie if they see a crap that someone else missed - to pick it up.

At our oval - the bins are full of bags of dog crap - most of the dog owners are doing the right thing. The sports people and school kiddies and their minders are not. Nobody is picking up after them except the dog owners!!!