Purina - Bark In The Park - Adelaide

Bully

We had a great time. Reggie was completely stuffed by the end of it too, haha. Didn't open her eyes once on the trip home :laugh:

Started the day with a free bath and blowdry. The girl washing Reggie knew Reggie's dad. Then I managed to get Reggie up on the table at the grooming demonstration so she got a nice brushing too :thumbsup: She was so beautiful and fluffy for the rest of the day, she got lots of comments.

Lots of cheap or free samples. Got a photo with Reggie too :laugh:

I asked for samples. I asked other people where they got theirs... and some of them ran out - like pet stock one - but they gave away $10 vouchers instead - which I donated to the all breeds rescue - because I never get around to using them myself.

Super coat stand - you had to donate $2 to AWL - but how hard is that. There was a nice double tennis ball rope toy in their bag. And the vegemite biscuit (I can't remember what it was called) was for completing the agility course. There was a stand selling those too and the rescue mob got themselves a generous deal too. The rescue mob did get permission from AWL to be there, but there was some confusion about that - because AWL had an "exclusive deal" to be there. Ie plugging RSPCA would have been frowned on. So it would be a good idea to get permission from the organisers (Purina) and AWL if you want to take some adopt me dogs for people to see, or collect samples on behalf of the rescue. It was a bit strange when one half of the group didn't know what the other half was doing, and I further confused the issue by wearing an AWL reunion tshirt ie my dog was from AWL - so I was plugging that too.

I think it would have been a good idea if AWL had brought some dogs for people to see, even if they didn't adopt any out on the day. A lot of people believe that all shelter dogs come with problems. So it would be good for them to see some dogs that don't have major problems at an event like that. Frosty was very well behaved even though she was a bit overwhelmed at times, and people were suprised I got her as a 10 week old puppy from AWL (ie all her issues belong to me). A few people asked if I wanted to adopt her out. Erm no, but you should got check out what they have at the AWL. And visit not just once, but a few times. And the best dogs (puppies) are not always on their website.