Vets In Sydney

Carmoon

I recently took in a 4 year old Pomeranian, i called a few places in my area and was quoted $98-$142 for vaccinations and $450 for desexing(female). Could any of you recommend a quality vet with prices less steep? I would like to provide my dog with the best care but i think i could get a better deal else ware

Thank-you!

Try Darlo vet on Crown street in Darlinghurst: 9380 2300.

My friends & I have always found him to be extremely reasonably priced compared to other city vets.

Maybe this is OT.....most regular vets don't want to deal with breeders. I know why lots of breeders would travel over an hour to visit certain vets.... :grimace:

But the vets breeders use are the best. Breeders cannot afford to go to anyone that doesn't know exactly what they are doing. The other bonus is cheaper vaccines than "pet vets". I paid $28 today for a C3 for one of mine. :)

Guest donatella

Maybe this is OT.....most regular vets don't want to deal with breeders. I know why lots of breeders would travel over an hour to visit certain vets.... :grimace:

But the vets breeders use are the best. Breeders cannot afford to go to anyone that doesn't know exactly what they are doing. The other bonus is cheaper vaccines than "pet vets". I paid $28 today for a C3 for one of mine. :)

I agree! I know one Pom breeder in VIC who says when her vet no longer practices she is no longer breeding as they are her dog send in terms of the professional practice and financal aspects.

Back to the original question. I have no idea what they charge but Dr Sandra Hodgins at Summer Hill Village Vet is a top notch vet who started with my vets and now works one day a week for them and the rest at her own practice at Summer Hill.

Just pick a good one...not like the vet today who trod on a newborn puppies head.

Bitch having trouble giving birth, at vet for oxy shots and monitoring. Puppies on floor on a dog bed between feeding and bitch delivering. Vet actually walks across the dog bed and steps on a puppy. Tried to push the puppy under a blanket with his foot to hide his mistake. Breeder is like 'OMG you just stepped on a puppy', he is like 'oh yeah, I know'. Blood coming out of nose and mouth, and he says 'puppies are like rubber, it will bounce back'. So with laboured breathing and still bleeding from the mouth and nose he tells the breeder to 'take it home and see how it goes'. Needless to say it died before she could get it to another vet.

'But oh, here is your bill for the consult and oxy shots......'