Upset Tummy Cause By Change Of Diet?

We have recently switched Maui to Vets All Natural (Superior choice dog roll), as in, started feeding him that once a day from last Wednesday.

Since then his poos have been either solid, or very runny, one yesterday was like a clear liquid!! He has vomited twice (today and last Friday)..

Im not sure if this could be due to the change of his diet??? Next step will be the Vets of course....

It may or may not be - some dogs are sensitive to change and need it introduced slowly.

I'd not feed for 24 hours, then put him/her on boiled chicken breast and rice for a few days. If the tummy is then okay and very slowly add the VAN.

That said, I'd take the dog for a check-up just in case.

Guest donatella

Not every food agrees with every dog no matter what the quality is.

I know you won a large amount but to be honest the rolls are the last thing I'd chose out of his range when there are so many FRESH raw meat options which are likely to be kinder on the belly.

Give him a break from the food as megan said and either try him on the RAW76 complete mix gradually adding it to his diet.

Perhaps he's just one of those dogs who do the best on good ole kibble :D

Donatella: the rolls are the only thing I can use the prize on.

Thanks ladies, I will take him off it for a couple of days, fed him rice and chicken tonight. If he perks up in a couple of days ill know it was the food and try to introduce it very slowly back to him.

We also noticed he is not his normal self, he will play happily and then sleep for ages.. Will see how he goes, I just want my boy to be happy and healthy..

Hi Kitkatswing

PM sent, but if you would like to chat with Dr Bruce Syme on the phone, or better still if you are anywhere near to Castlemaine he would be happy to look at Maui, not cost of course.

If he was on dry food prior it can take awhile for the gut to repopulate with the healthy bacteria needed to break down raw and semi raw food.

PM us back if you would like to chat with Bruce.

persephone: I thought that to start with, but its only every 3rd/4th poo thats weird, the rest are normal.

When we got home from dance class (that we teach) he was his usual maniac self, happy for us to be home...

VAN: Thank you, I have replied! Ill keep you informed as to how he is going.. Unfortunately we are in Hoppers Crossing (West of Melbourne) so not too close. Thank you for the offer of the call though, we will see how he is the next couple of days.

So it looks like it may be the change of food that did it.. After having rice/chicken last night he is back to his normal stupid crazy self today, solid poops and all..

So, I will re-introduce VAN to him slowly mixing with canned food (which is what he used to have each night).