Recommend Dog Boarding Kennels In Melbourne

Vacuna

I was asked if I could recommend a good boarding kennel for a small breed dog that has existing health problems (pancreanititis) while owner has to travel overseas to attend a family function.

Luckily I have never had to use any facilities myself and have been able to find holiday accommodation where my dogs have been welcome too.

I have found some old threads on this topic but as some are nearly 4 years old, I am a bit worried that some of the facilites may have had some changes in that time frame, so I would really like to access current recommendations before I suggest any places for her to check out. Her main concern is the finding the right place for her dog so she would travel if necessary.

Any personal recommendations would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Edited by Vacuna

All Breeds Boarding Kennels (Lyndhurst) - indoor heated/airconditioned and they take excellent care of their canine (and feline) patrons. I have helped them out on occasion and also train dogs (boarding & training) from there, so I am quite familiar with their standards and their care levels.

Cottage Kennels- we have had clients dogs there very recently and they were very happy.

Very happy with them as well - my Dally is on a special diet and was on a long course of ABs plus anti-inflams and painkillers and they looked after him really well. My Springer can be shy and they did a great job with her as well.

Wellington Park Kennels in Lysterfield are fantastic, I had to board Kenny there for 2 months while looking for a home for us to rent. My daughter boarded her 2 JRT's there the Melbourne Cup weekend. They take great care of your dogs & their set up is fantastic.