Can Someone Please Link To Sick Bc Pup Thread

Lollipup

Can someone please post the link to the sick border collie puppy thread? I want the link to post as part of my reply to this post on a FB page:

expressions of interest: thinking of breeding my wheaton border collie with either another wheaton or a chocolate would anyone be interested in pups?

This was my reply, trying to be nice:

Please make sure you get both parents testes for hips, elbows, CEA, CL & TNS. These are all common border collie heridary diseases which are not necessarily seen in the parents and some are fatal. I would hate for you to breed affected puppies who will break their new owners' hearts due a fatal disease. Breeding for colour is often the way these diseases are produced. The corect term for the colour you are referring to is red, not wheaten. I own one who came from a registered breeder and he developed elbow dysplasia at 4 months of age. I would not wish anyone to go through what we have been through with him. Please think about the decision to breed carefully - if its a hobby you really wish to pursue, contact a registered ethical breeder who performs all health tests and have them mentor you. Have a read of this thread, it shows the heart break that happens when border collies are not health tested. http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/238882-sick-border-collie-pup/

There are also a lot of expressions of interest.

Haha I didn't even notice that laugh.gif

I don't know of a good link for the Red to Red thing either

http://www.bryningbo...-Collie-Colours

this is all I can find and its a lot of information and might be a bit overwhelming.

The ee Red issue is only briefly mentioned. and only mentions breeding Red to Merle.. not Red to Red, which has exactly the same issue.

Edited by GeorgieB

Haha I didn't even notice that laugh.gif

I don't know of a good link for the Red to Red thing either

http://www.bryningbo...-Collie-Colours

this is all I can find and its a lot of information and might be a bit overwhelming.

The ee Red issue is only briefly mentioned. and only mentions breeding Red to Merle.. not Red to Red, which has exactly the same issue.

Thanks. I mentioned the issue in a following post and also mentioned that if they mate red to choc they will most likely get black. I won't put a link unless they ask, they will most likely attack me now anyway. Hopefully it will make them think although this was a following post by them, someone asked, are you a registered breeder and then they wrote this:

We had a litter last year and sold black and whites for 300 for male and 350 for female but these will be chocolate and Wheaton and possibly tri colour so will be more, I'm not registered as yet but am thinking I might but I can still sell them as purebreds!

Lovely attitude :( and clearly a good understanding of colour genetics *eye roll*

Your post is good Lollipup, hopefully even if it doesn't get through to the "breeder" it might to some of the others who read it.

Hopefully it influences the prospective buyers, they have had 3 put their hand up for a pup so far.