Flying Dogs To Nz For A Holiday

mixeduppup

What's involved. My friend has invited me to hers for a few weeks next year (she'll be in Christchurch) and has said that I can take my kelpie if I like. How much would it cost? Where would the dog fly? Vaccinations? I have no idea what's involved, any quarantine?

Thanks

What's involved. My friend has invited me to hers for a few weeks next year (she'll be in Christchurch) and has said that I can take my kelpie if I like. How much would it cost? Where would the dog fly? Vaccinations? I have no idea what's involved, any quarantine?

Thanks

Hi MUP,

We imported a JRT from NZ last year and it was a pretty simple process. There was no quarantine, just a vet check prior to the flight and paperwork to confirm vaccinations and general health. He was inspected by custome/AQIS when he landed. He flew AirNZ. I think Jetpets organised it? and from memory it was around $500. It was over a yr ago, so I am stretching the memory a bit ;)

I'll have a look back through my emails and see what info I can find.

Thanks

The Australia to New Zealand leg is far more expensive than returning home. I believe at that moment you'd be looking at around the $2000 mark to get your dog there (blood tests required) and probably half that upon return.