Wth? That's Not An Aussie Shepherd!

Ker

The most hideous thing I have ever heard was our local pet shop selling Heinz variety tabby kittens without chips or vaccination for $550! A friend of mine bought one and it died a few weeks later, which is when I was told. Of course by this time any kittens that had not sold for this fantastic amount had been "disposed of" in one way or another, likely at the pound. My favourite part of the story was when I found out later-on that the guy who runs the pet shop used to be a cop. You'd think he would know better?

Edited by BlackJaq

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Who would pay $550 for a moggie not including chip, desex and vaccination? Isn't the going pet shop rate about $15 or am I way out of touch?

I tend to just go to City Farmers and Pet Stock which don't sell puppies or kittens so I might be 10-15 years out of date.

When I was looking for a kitten 7ish years ago, I went into a pet shop and asked about their kittens. Told me they were $600. I said "Oh really? What breed are they?" The guy looked a little sheepish and said "err.. Mixed Domestic Shorthairs..."

So I went to the AWL and got a gorgeous little Moggie for $75 Desexed and Chipped.

(Was looking in a pet shop because this is before I became educated laugh.gif)