Hound House Replacement Hoods

Maddy

Our oldest Hound House is finally starting to wear through on the mesh of the bed itself and I was looking at the replacement hoods but can't see how they actually work :o

I had a look at the HHs we have and it seems like the hood is attached to the frame in production somehow and couldn't see any way to easily take it apart to replace the hood. Are the replacement hoods somehow different to the hoods they come fitted with or can the frame actually be taken apart to fit a new one? I had a look on the HH website but there was no information there at all :/ (and I don't want to spend $90ish if it's not going to be as sturdy as the original hood)

I have a hound house frame somewhere (dogs ate the hood and I don't think they're mature enough to have a new one yet :p)

I also have a couple of the miniature ones they make for small animals. I'm pretty sure it's the same basic principle, you thread the 2 end pieces through the corner holes, then kind of assemble the frame inside it. As far as I could see, it's pretty much an exact duplicate of the original cover, so I don't see why it would be less sturdy.

That didn't make any sense at all, did it? It did in my head :o

I have a hound house frame somewhere (dogs ate the hood and I don't think they're mature enough to have a new one yet :p)

I also have a couple of the miniature ones they make for small animals. I'm pretty sure it's the same basic principle, you thread the 2 end pieces through the corner holes, then kind of assemble the frame inside it. As far as I could see, it's pretty much an exact duplicate of the original cover, so I don't see why it would be less sturdy.

That didn't make any sense at all, did it? It did in my head :o

Makes sense, don't worry :p

I just don't see how they'd go on though as mine looks somehow sewn into place, if you get what I mean. I got a reply from HH but it was worded so badly, I'm actually more confused than before- .

I think I might see if the old one does come apart somehow before I order a new hood. I get what you mean about putting it up (thredding the legs through and all that) but it's the frame bit I'm talking about. The mesh base is stitched around that and I couldn't see any obvious way of taking it to pieces to put on a new base/hood.

If the replacement is literally just the hood, it's not of any use to me as the hood on mine is fine, it's the floor (the mesh base) that needs replacing.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but the replacements hoods can be purchased from: https://houndhouse.com.au/product/houndhouse-replacement-hood/

They come in four sizes and will fit the HoundHouse frame, just like the hood that it came with. They are as strong, because they are the exact same product.

If anyone has any questions about getting the right hood, how to fit it or any other HoundHouse replacements parts, we are always happy to help.

Thank you

Tom