Which Titre Tests Are Necessary?

kayla1

Apologies for starting yet another thread on this, but I can't quite find what I'm looking for in the other threads. For those that titre test, do you get the parvo test only, or just parvo and distemper, or all three (inc hepatitis)?

I was chatting to a vet recently about titre testing, and she suggested just parvo because the others are rarely seen. I see in previous threads it was suggested that hepatitis is not necessary, but not sure about distemper.

I have always done parvo and distemper but never bothered with hepatitis. I didn't know it was possible to do a parvo only test, although given that those 2 are done at the same place (hep is sent overseas) its just as easy to do both and be sure. I don't think it would make much of a difference cost wise.

Thanks DeltaCharlie. Yes just as easy to get both done if they go to the same place. The vet also said the parvo test has changed and is a better indicator of immunity now, though I'm not sure what the changes are exactly or when they occurred.