Puppy Preschool In Townsville

Cairo1

Hi All :D

I am about to send a Working Line German Shepherd Dog puppy to a wonderful young couple in Townsville. I am in Tasmania and have arranged Puppy Classes for all my clients here but really want some information in relation to Puppy Classes in Townsville.

Could some-one give me some recommendations? Or perhaps PM details of places to stay clear of? I am trying to give these people all the help they can get as they are too far away for me to be much help down here! BTW, in case you are wondering; I have chosen the right puppy for the situation :) I just want to help consolidate a support network.

Cheerio

Cairo1

I haven't heard anything on the grapevine the last few months so I'm going to check with a training buddy of mine and hopefully get you a few recommendations :)

That would be super, Chris!! Thank you. . . .. there hasn't been much response to my query! And I am a FIRM believer in Puppy Classes - but they have to be good ones - none of this 'free-for-all' stuff! I have seen a few dogs ruined because of that. . .

I appreciate your efforts.

Kind Regards

Cairo1 :D

I went to one called Allsorts - in Rasmussen. Debbie was very good and it wasn't just a free for all puppy play. She gave lots of information on training and behaviour and taught the basics with the opportunity for primary school after puppy preschool. There was some interaction of puppies but in a fairly controlled environment.

http://www.allsortsdogtraining.com.au/index.php?page=staff

Not sure if link works but if you google Allsorts Dog Training Townsville you can have a look at the website.

My trainer buddy said his clients have told him Greencross run a good one. This is third hand news though just be warned! Michael hopes through his training company he will be offering puppy preschool in the next few months, but he isn't set up yet. Otherwise I would recommend him to the ends of the earth as he is WONDERFUL :D

Totally agree, if you want a play session, visit the dog park! On that topic, North Shore and Murray dog parks are wonderful if they are going to be taking him out to those once vaccinated, but I have heard horror stories about Ross River dog park from more than one customer.