Dog Attack In My Street Just Happened

Lollipup

Dogmad if I were you Id be driving if you could to another area and walk...I was once walking my Dane Abbie some years ago and a woman said to me don't come down this street as two aggro dogs will jump through their front windows and attack you both if they see you..luckily that didn't happen but I never went down that street again. I also always carried a metre long horsewhip with me in case I ever had to deal with aggressive dogs.

Where I now live there's a very pleasant little dog park ..generally no probs.. But one day a local elderly lady and her little Schkiperke were out for a wander...he was attacked by a large Boxer I think from memory. The Schkiperke was just about ripped open and if it wasn't for my nephew who flew out to help..in his dressing gown..Bargy would not be pottering round that park today...

Edited by Liebhunde

Can't say I'm sorry that the big dog will be put down...something should have been done about him ages ago. I do feel for the family and little girls who loved Charlie..as if they hadn't had enough to deal with.

I'll be glad if both the dogs are gone and unfortunately pts is the best option. It just annoys me because it is the owners that have caused the dog to be in this position in the first place. The dogs are probably better off pts :(

At least it will be quick for them. Charlie suffered and fought and it was awful for him :cry: I wonder about their other little dog Lola too, what she thinks. Charlie was taken away in a car in a big commotion and she won't see him again. :( And the poor young kids, I can relate to what they are going through. I am glad they weren't with the dog at the time trying to save him and getting in the middle, that is what I have been afraid of happening.

The owners got home this afternoon and I met them for the first time. They were all muddy from being out at the flood clean up and obviously very tired. Then they were about to go inside and break the news to their little girls who didn't know yet that Charlie didn't make it.

Sounds like the dog that attacked him will be put to sleep. Two lives lost because of the owner's irresponsibility. :mad

God people make me sick, poor little dog. I've had to change my walking route and can no longer go down the next street due to two staffies with really stupid owners have access to the street through open gate/no gate on driveway and a 2 ft fence at the front. They don't like other dogs, the stupid owners take them off lead (no collars either) to the park opposite.

Now in another street nr mine, my other walking route, a stupid young girl has a large bull breed cross in another house with no front fence or gate, off lead OF COURSE. Last night I had to turn back - i could see she was calling him, God knows where he was but I was terrified he'd appear and see me and my little dogs.

Why should good dog owners be the ones to suffer?

It so isn't fair is it? We are responsible dog owners, we keep our dogs in our yard, we register chip, vacc & worm etc, we walk them on lead. these people do none of that. And no-one will step in to prevent these things from happening it seems.

I think the worst thing I've experienced was when I was living with my sons family in the country Two years ago. I'd gone down to register my car and when I got home there were two strange bull breed type dogs in my yard and women from the house over the back trying to get these dogs back in there own yard. they had jumped over the fence and attacked our dogs..a Pointer cross..a Wolfie cross ..and a Cavalier. the yard was awash where the women had tried to hose the dogs. We got their dogs out of the yard and then I realized the Wolfie was missing..the women were no help...i searched for him and then rang my son to come and help. then I saw this soaked dark grey dog cowering in the dog kennel. half dead he was..I didn't recognize our Wolfie ..a white dog. he'd been set upon by the fence jumpers who also bit my small Cavalier. the Wolfie took months to recover and his wounds were horrible. my son dealt with the owners of the fence jumpers. It was a wonder the small Cav survived the attack. The elderly Pointer was OK.

that's terrible liebhunde :(

We had two of our dogs killed by neighbours dogs when I was a kid. Both in front of me and both were really fast and hardly a mark on the dogs. Was terrible though. Its an awful way to lose someone you love.

I think what will happen is that the owners of the aggressive dogs will do absolutely nothing about PTS or anything else. The only thing that works with those types of people is intervention by the authorities and if the council does not care then the situation is pretty hopeless. The neighbours need to get together and put in a joint complaint to council. Poor dog - Charlie I mean :( .

Edited by Rosetta

I'm going to put in a complaint in wiriting with the dog attack forms and encourage anyone else who was there to do the same. It is the owners that need to face consequences, if they just get rid of the dog they will still let the other dog roam as well and not learn anything. I'm taking photos every time I see them out. I'll put it all in writing and keep on it. Council is very busy at the moment with the floods now so I don't see them actioning it straight away.